TechNiche TechKewl 6550T Evaporative Cooling Pullover Vest Powered by HyperKewl Plus
TechNiche Evaporative Cooling Pullover Vest Powered by HyperKewl Plus
HyperKewl Plus Evaporative Cooling material is a unique fabric that absorbs and slowly releases water through evaporation. When the water evaporates, a cooling effect occurs. We look at this process as "super-charging" the body's natural cooling process, thereby helping the wearer to combat heat stress.
- Pullover style vest
- String tie closure on sides
- HyperKewl Plus fabric interior (68% polyester, 32% polymer)
- 100% Taslan water repellent nylon interior liner
- 100% polyester ANSI CL II Compliant fabric Exterior
- Can provide 5-10 hours of cooling relief per soaking
- Lightweight, easy to activate, and re-usable
How to use:
- 1. Soak your HyperKewl Plus item in clean water for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Gently squeeze out the excess water.
- 3. Your HyperKewl Plus item is ready to wear.
The garment will remain activated for 5-10 hours and can be re-hydrated by repeating these simple steps.
TechKewl Phase Change Cooling: This advanced technology uses specially designed inserts containing our Phase Change Material (PCM) which releases long-lasting, temperature-specific (58 degrees F, 14 degrees C), cooling relief designed to fit inside our garments. Typical applications include industrial safety, construction, emergency services, military, outdoor recreation, equine, mascots and therapeutic.
Who are cooling vests for?
At The Warming Store we have cooling vests available for a range of activities and uses.
- Construction workers, gardeners and anyone else who works outside during the summer
- Military personnel
- People suffering from medical conditions with heat sensitivity
- Sportsmen and sportswomen
- Emergency Services
- Anyone who wants to enjoy the summer without being overwhelmed by heat
How do they work?
We have 3 styles of cooling vests which work in different ways to help you keep your cool.
Evaporative Cooling Vest
These use the natural effect of evaporation to cool you down. When these vests are placed into water the specially made non-toxic material absorbs hundreds of times its weight in water. This stored water is then slowly released. In hot areas this water will start to evaporate. As it does it the heat from the wearer is transferred into the air helping to reduce your temperature.
- Light weight.
- Easy to use throughout the day. If it dries out all you have to do is submerge in to water for hours more cooling.
- No electricity is required making them perfect for people on the move.
- The most affordable form of cooling vest.
Phase Changing Vests
These non-toxic vests have a large pocket front and back in which a refrigerated, frozen, water or air conditioned cooled pack can be inserted. This flexible cooled pack will then help reduce the wearers’ temperature for up to 4 hours. These inserts can be refrozen as and when necessary. Each vest comes with one set of packs. For all day cooling we suggest ordering extra packs which can be kept in a freezer or cooler until it is necessary to exchange them.
- Hard wearing.
- Works in high humidity.
- Each cool pack can be reused.
- Does not produce condensation.
- Typically provides a cooler temperature than evaporative cooling vests.