Ergodyne Chill-Its 6665 Evaporative Cooling Vest - Hi-Viz Lime
The Chill-its Cooling Vest is filled with non-toxic polymers that absorb up to 300x their weight in water - and then slowly allow it to evaporate keeping your body cool in any climate. Staying cool in the heat is important, and these great cooling vests really help you stay cool, safe and comfortable.
Chill-Its Evaporation Cooling Vest:
- Unisex Fit
- V-neck with zipper closure
- Quilted nylon outer layer
- Activated, polymer-embedded fabric inside
- Water-repellent liner and black cotton-poly elastic trim
- Lightweight, durable, and washable
- 100% nylon
- Water activated cooling
- Provides hours of relief!
- Special polymer fabric
Cooling Vest Activation:
Chill-Its are a division of the powerhouse workplace safety equipment brand Ergodyne. Chill-Its products bring a frosty layer of comfort to your jobsite inferno, so you can work (or play!) longer. Why is staying cool in the heat and humidity so important? Heat stress is no joke and can result in death. You can't change the weather but using Chill-Its can help you change your approach to the heat. From neck bands to vests to wide-brimmed hats, Chill-Its by Ergodyne has the right cooling product for the hardest working people on the planet.
Who are cooling vests for?
At The Warming Store we have cooling vests available for a range of activities and uses.
- Construction workers, gardeners and anyone else who works outside during the summer
- Military personnel
- People suffering from medical conditions with heat sensitivity
- Sportsmen and sportswomen
- Emergency Services
- Anyone who wants to enjoy the summer without being overwhelmed by heat
How do they work?
We have 3 styles of cooling vests which work in different ways to help you keep your cool.
Evaporative Cooling Vest
These use the natural effect of evaporation to cool you down. When these vests are placed into water the specially made non-toxic material absorbs hundreds of times its weight in water. This stored water is then slowly released. In hot areas this water will start to evaporate. As it does it the heat from the wearer is transferred into the air helping to reduce your temperature.
- Light weight.
- Easy to use throughout the day. If it dries out all you have to do is submerge in to water for hours more cooling.
- No electricity is required making them perfect for people on the move.
- The most affordable form of cooling vest.
Click to see all Evaporative Cooling Vests
Phase Changing Vests
These non-toxic vests have a large pocket front and back in which a refrigerated, frozen, water or air conditioned cooled pack can be inserted. This flexible cooled pack will then help reduce the wearers’ temperature for up to 4 hours. These inserts can be refrozen as and when necessary. Each vest comes with one set of packs. For all day cooling we suggest ordering extra packs which can be kept in a freezer or cooler until it is necessary to exchange them.
- Hard wearing.
- Works in high humidity.
- Each cool pack can be reused.
- Does not produce condensation.
- Typically provides a cooler temperature than evaporative cooling vests.
Click to see all Phase Changing Cooling Vests
Pumped Water Cooling Shirts
These are the most advanced and the coolest of the cooling vests. Based on technology developed by NASA, these shirts work by circulating cool water through non-kink tubing around the wearer’s body. As this water moves through the system it takes the heat away from the body cooling you down. This water then flows back through the System Unit to a reserve of ice cold water. The circulating water automatically cools before being re-circulated around the vest.
- Come in different power options including 12v, battery and standard outlet.
- Provide a cooler temperature than both evaporative and phase changing cooling vests.
- Works in high humidity.
- Available as shirts and vests
- Can be used as rehabilitation stations for construction workers or emergency services
Click to see all Pumped Water Cooling Shirts
Related Items Volume Discounts
- AlphaCool Cooling Neck Gaiter
- AlphaCool PVA Instant Cooling Towel
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Vest - Grey
- Miracool Instant Cooling Neck Wrap
- HyperKewl Deluxe Cooling Neck Bands
- O2 Cool Treva 5" Battery Operated Portable Fan - Grey
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6705 Evaporative Cooling Bandana - Hook & Loop
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6705CT Evaporative Cooling Bandana with PVA
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6710 Evaporative Cooling Triangle Hat
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6650 High Performance Hat w/ Neck Shade
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6602 Instant Cooling Towel
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6603 Evaporative Cooling Band Neck Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6665 Evaporative Cooling Vest - Hi-Viz Lime
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6615 High-Performance Dew Rag
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6700FR Evaporative Fire Resistant Cooling Bandana
- O2 Cool Treva 5" Battery Operated Portable Fan - Black
- O2 Cool ArctiCloth Sport Cooling Towel
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6230 Phase Change Cooling Vest - Khaki
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6710FR Evaporative FR Triangle Cooling Hat
- Ergodyne Chill-Its 6700 Neck Coolers - Cooling Bandanas
- View More ...