POC Obex BC Mips Ski Helmet
With enhanced functionality specifically for the backcountry, the OBEX BC MIPS gives durability and security on your adventures.
The ski helmet that can speak for you when you can’t. The Obex BC MIPS is designed for enhanced traceability and durability in the backcountry. Updated this year to include MIPS, the helmet features an NFC medical ID chip so rescuers can access vital medical information at the scene of an injury, helping them make the best judgments for treatment in the vital “golden hour” immediately after an accident. A RECCO reflector enhances searchability. A thicker polycarbonate shell compared to the Obex MIPS gives greater durability. The helmet is compatible with the Obex Communication headset and is designed for a seamless fit with POC goggles. Fully adjustable ventilation and removable ear pads ensure user comfort.
- The twICEme NFC Medical ID gives instant access to vital medical info and emergency contact details.
- A RECCO Avalanche Rescue Reflector helps rescue services easily and quickly locate you if something goes wrong.
- The addition of MIPS enhances rotational impact protection.
- The 360° adjustment system makes it easy to find a comfortable, secure fit without changing padding.
- The ventilation is fully adjustable for increased comfort in diverse weather conditions.
- Integrated goggle vents: Vents in the helmet align with goggles to allow steam to escape.
- Aramid panels improve the structural strength of the helmet and enhance penetration protection.
- Dual material shell: An outer PC shell featuring a top section of ABS gives the ultimate balance of strength and durability at a low weight.
- An EPS liner is optimised for crash protection at a low weight.
- A fixed goggle clip gives extra security and keeps goggles firmly attached to the helmet.
- Detachable Ear pads are easy to remove, ideal for warmer weather conditions.
- POC Aid Communication Ear Pads (sold separately) are compatible with this helmet.
- Certifications: CE EN 1077-B, ASTM F2040
POC, a leading manufacturer of helmets, eyewear, body armor, apparel and accessories in snow sports and cycling, was founded in 2005 in Sweden.
With a mission to ‘Protect lives and reduce the consequences of accidents for athletes and anyone inspired to be one’ POC has a crystal clear vision to provide optimized personal protection and safety through developing products of unquestionable quality and relevance.
To support its development and quality POC established two scientific forums, POC Lab and WATTS Lab, which brings together some of the finest minds in research, medicine and safety to advise on new research and trends.
Inspired by its mission and scientific approach, POC has built a reputation for breaking with convention, exploring new ideas and innovating to improve protection for all. POC has been fortunate to protect many Olympic athletes, World Champions and elite athletes around the globe and to share in many of their successes.
Creating products forged in safety and innovation is at the heart of POCs approach, be it for an elite athlete, weekend skiers or a daily bike commuter. It’s an approach that has led to over 60 international safety, design and innovation awards, including the prestigious bike industry ‘Brand of the Year’ award.