Smith Optics Level Mips Snow Helmets - Matte Black
Like a good day on the mountain, the Smith Level ski and snowboard helmet is at your service for ranging far and wide. It brings the added energy absorption of zonal Koroyd and the advanced angled impact protection of MIPS to let you focus on ripping high speed arcs in the alpine and chasing untracked lines in the trees. The hybrid shell design adds durability without weighing you down for a helmet that you will actually take with you when the backcountry beckons. And because you love to ski all day, the fit and vents are adjustable on the fly, so you never need to slow down.
- Hybrid shell construction blends a durable exterior with a lightweight in-molded shell for durability where you need it most while keeping the helmet light
- Zonal Koroyd coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Select colorways offered without MIPS system
- Certification: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B
Fit / Integration:
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith goggles for maximum comfort and venting
- AirEvac ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles for fog-free lenses
- VaporFit Snow dial adjustment system offers 270-degree fit adjustment with the turn of a dial
- XT2 antimicrobial lining offers sweat-activated odor control
- Regulator climate control allows easy, one-handed vent adjustment
- 20 vents
- Removable Snapfit SL2 ear pads add warmth and are audio-chip compatible
- Outdoor Tech audio system compatible
- Weight (Size M, MIPS): 19 oz / 550 g
SMITH OPTICS COMPANY PROFILE
Based in Sun Valley, Idaho, Smith Optics, Inc. was founded in 1965 with the creation of the first-ever goggle featuring a sealed thermal lens and breathable vent foam. This invention would revolutionize the powder skiing experience and make Smith Optics a worldwide brand in the years to come. In the early days, founder Dr. Bob Smith, a dentist by trade, made goggles by hand using dental tools, foam and glue. Before he struck a deal for the manufacturing of Smith goggles in the late 60's, Smith built early prototypes with friends around the kitchen table and would often trade these creations for lift tickets while traveling to test the goggles out.
Building on that goggle heritage and extending its expertise, Smith Optics has gone on to set the standard for high performance eyewear, goggles, and helmets. Goggle innovations over the years include the 5X Anti-Fog inner lens, the I/O series featuring a quick release lens system, patented Turbo Fan air management system, patented Regulator adjustable lens ventilation system, patented Roll Off's film advance system for motocross, and the patented ODS (Ocular Docking System) prescription insert. In sunglasses, Smith Optics is well known for its patented Slider and PivLock series sunglasses, the most innovative interchangeable sunglasses available, and more recently the ChromaPop lens which offers unmatched polarization, clarity and color enhancement. Aside from superior eyewear, Smith Optics has also developed a line of ski and bike helmets, providing protection while setting industry standards in style, function, and fit.
Today, Smith Optics has become synonymous with innovative, durable, top-quality products in the eyewear, goggle, and helmet market. The company is also recognized for its unparalleled team roster of athletes, which boasts some of the top names in biking, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, motocross, and climbing. These athletes depend on Smith Optics under the harshest conditions and Smith utilizes team input as a key element of new product design, performance testing, and coloration selection.
Smith products are sold worldwide in more than 50 countries through specialty and sporting goods stores. To best meet the demands of outdoor enthusiasts across the globe, Smith Optics has hubs in several countries. The corporate headquarters are still in Ketchum, Idaho, with European headquarters located in Padua, Italy and the Canadian headquarters in Quebec. The warehouse, customer service, and manufacturing facility are in Clearfield, Utah.
From Smith's ultimate integration between goggles and helmets, to the unmatched clarity of the ChromaPop lens, its' devotion to excellence, innovation and style has made Smith goggles, helmets, and sunglasses the choice of action-sport athletes worldwide. Smith products represent authentic sports gear, researched and tested by a dedicated group of employees and athletes that live and breathe the lifestyle. It's easy to make great product when you love what you do.