Polar Products Cool58 500 Gram Phase Change Poncho Cooling Vest - One Size Fits Most
Our Cool58 Poncho Vest (PCV) is a great choice when access to freezers is limited. We have two choices of pack sizes so you can choose the ideal weight for you.
Additional pack sets are offered at a special discount when purchased with the vest! Your choice of an extra set of Cool58 58° Fahrenheit phase change packs, which are ideal when freezers aren't available, or a set of Kool Max frozen water-based packs. You may want to order a set of each type of pack for flexibility on-the-go! See the full comparison of cooling pack technologies below in "How does it work?"
- Adjustable, Custom Fit: It is important for cooling vests to fit snug to the body for optimal cooling. This cooling vest has adjustable hook and loop straps at the chest, waist and shoulders for a snug, comfortable and customized fit. The poncho is available in one adjustable size that fits most, making it ideal for working environments when the vest is shared with multiple wearers.
- Convenient And Easy To Wear: This vest is easy to put on overhead. The clean design (with no logos or visible pack pockets!) can be worn over clothing or discreetly underneath. This is a great vest for wearing beneath uniforms or costumes.
- Comfortable 100% Cotton: The cooling vest shell is constructed of durable and machine washable 100% cotton twill.
- Cool58 Cooling Packs: Cool58 cooling packs freeze solid at a moderate and comfortable temperature of 58° Fahrenheit, so they can be activated in a freezer, refrigerator, or even a bucket of ice water. (Please note: cooling times are estimates and will vary depending on climate, body metabolism and activity.) The vest includes four (4) Cool58 cooling pack strips. See "6. VARIABLE WEIGHT" below for more information on pack dimensions and weight.
- Insulated Pack Pockets: Packs fit into insulated pockets inside the cooling vest. The pockets have a comfortable all-cotton fabric to protect the skin and an insulated outer composite fabric to direct the cooling energy toward the body. Temperature may also be adjusted for comfort by increasing or decreasing the number of clothing layers beneath the vest or the number of packs used.
- Variable Weight: 6" x 13" pack strips with 500g of cooling material; each pack weighs 1.1 lbs. for a total vest weight of just 5.5 lbs.
How do Cool58 phase change cooling packs work?:
- Cool58 cooling packs freeze solid at a moderate and comfortable temperature of 58° Fahrenheit (14.4° Celsius), so they can be frozen in a freezer, refrigerator, or even a bucket of ice water.
- Once activated, these reusable packs deliver comfortable cooling for up to 2-3 hours depending on environment, activity, and personal metabolism. (Please note: cooling times are estimates and will vary depending on climate, body metabolism and activity.)
- Packs are non-toxic and non-flammable.
- Packs do not require a freezer! Packs can simply be submerged in ice water or placed in a refrigerator or freezer to activate. Easy to use - packs can be activated by simply submerging the packs into ice water for up to 20 minutes when access to freezers is not available.
- Works in any climate - extreme heat and humidity are no problem! The cooling performance is not impacted by humidity or outside temperature.
- One (1) 100% cotton cooling vest
- Simple and unisex design.
- Size is adjustable with hook and loop closures at the chest, waist, and shoulders for a snug, comfortable and customized fit.
- Packs fit into insulated pockets inside the vest. The pockets have a comfortable all-cotton fabric to protect the skin and an insulated outer composite fabric to direct the cooling energy toward the body.
- Control the weight by varying the number of packs used.
- Discreet: can be worn over or beneath clothing.
- Colors: Blue, Khaki
- Size: One size fits most
- You choice of four (4) Cool58 cooling packs
- 6" x 13" packs with 500g of cooling material; each pack weighs 1.1 lbs. for a total vest weight of just 5.5 lbs.
Welcome to Polar Products Inc. We are a family-owned and operated business specializing in the design and manufacture of innovative, high-quality, competitively priced body cooling and hot and cold therapy systems.
Polar Products has over 25 years of experience cooling people in diverse applications, including industrial safety, construction, emergency services, athletics and fitness, the military and people with medical heat-sensitivity. We are proud to manufacture the most comprehensive and complete line of body cooling products in the world.
Our reusable hot and cold therapy products provide natural, drug-free relief from pain and are used by hospitals, therapists, doctors, sports teams, and individuals worldwide!
In addition to our excellent products, we strive to ensure complete customer satisfaction. At Polar, we believe that the best measure of our success is the loyalty of our customers. W appreciate the trust they place in us and we are committed to always maintaining that trust.