ExtremeMIST PCS Cleaning Kit
Keep your hoses, reservoirs and nozzles clean with this universal cleaning kit.
- Large diameter brush to clean the inside of the reservoir
- Flexible snake brush to clean the insides of hoses
- Reservoir hanger/Drying Rack
- Small diameter brush for cleaning the mouth piece
Hydration Reservoir Care:
- Note: The reservoir is made of TPU drink safe materials. However, periodic cleaning is still required.
- Do Not use boiling water, as this may damage the reservoir.
- Freezing the reservoir will not affect the material. Be sure to keep air in the reservoir to a minimum, as too much expansion during freezing can damage the reservoir.
Cleaning tablets are available at your local sporting goods store, or online at various sites. These are easy to use. Drop one in cleaning tablet into the and follow the manufacturer's directions.
To make your own cleaning solution, you can use:
- Baking soda for odors (1.5 cups for 2L reservoir)
- Unscented household bleach for neutralizing bacteria and viruses (1 cap for 2L reservoir)
- For really strong odors, you can add ½ cup of lemon juice to the baking soda and bleach. Plus a mild dish soap.
Recommended cleaning tools:
- Cleaning brush for the reservoir
- A small brush on a long cord to run the length of your mist and drink hoses
- A reservoir hanger that props the reservoir open to let the water completely air dry between uses.
How to clean the reservoir:
- Start by dropping in a tablet, or your own homemade cleaning solution into the reservoir. Shake the reservoir, then set it aside and let it soak. Rinse out the reservoir with a small amount of dish soap to help remove any remaining solution. Now either hang, or set aside with the reservoir (propped open) to air dry.
Our Mission? Master the Mister!
I live in Arizona, the hottest of the United States, and I'm an avid outdoorsman who's explored the world's deserts - including a 1000 mile trek through the Sahara. So, I was always grappling with the heat - I didn't want it to stop me from the activities I love. I looked around for anything that could help, but high-pressure misting systems were only for home or commercial use. And personal systems were low-end, hand-held, mini-fan style misters. That just wasn't good enough!
I knew what I needed - compact, lightweight, hands-free and professional-grade, built for someone one the move and out for long hikes, rides or runs. But, would it be possible to get a high-pressure pump and a high-capacity rechargeable battery into a small, light and durable unit?
After extensive research, I was convinced it could be done - or maybe I convinced myself to find a way. I spent over two years of development and testing, refining the specs, redesigning elements, adding features to make it more flexible, sourcing high-quality parts and making sure it worked the way I wanted it to. I had other outdoor enthusiasts test it out and give me feedback.
Then, finally, it was ready! And it has transformed my summer activity! I get more days out, plus I'm more comfortable and having more fun. It's become my favorite piece of outdoor gear - and I'm sure it'll become yours, too.
My mission was to help active people keep cooler, and that mission doesn't end with the launch of my ExtremeMist PCS (Personal Cooling System). We're just getting started. I've already developed multiple nozzles - dual, triple and quad-head - for use in or out of a pack. Plus, I'm working on several other ideas, including solar charging for long adventures, a lawn-mower attachment, and an integrated safety vest for construction workers, traffic police, and municipal road workers.
The positive response to the ExtremeMist PCS has been truly gratifying. People can use it for any outdoor activity - chores out in the yard, beach and poolside recreation, parents on the sidelines at sporting events, and festivals like Burning Man and Coachella. It has already helped people in ways I couldn't have anticipated. So, thanks for your support and feedback. That's been the coolest part of this whole journey.