ExtremeMIST Misting & Drinking Hydration Backpack
NOTICE: This product was intended for use w/ soft clean water. NOT to be used w/ any other type of solutions.
Imagine you're mountain biking, hiking, running or cycling and the temperature's rising. The hot sun beats down on you. You're sweating profusely. Exhaustion begins to take hold. We've all been there, right?
Now imagine, with the press of a button, moving into a refreshing, cool mist! This can be your new reality, with our water backpack!
Drinking & Misting from the same hydration pack system.
The ExtremeMist PCS "Just Add Water" hydration backpack comes with the PCS (Personal Cooling System) unit fully installed!
Right out of the box the PCS unit comes with a rechargeable battery, 8-speed wireless remote control for mist density, and an extra 0.20mm mist nozzle (0.15mm mist nozzle comes standard w/ each backpack). The PCS unit can also be used with our Waist Pack attachment that zips to the backpack itself. This eliminates the need to carry a separate water bottle. The cooling pack system is designed for easy removal and reinstallation, so it can also be used out of the pack for a variety of cooling applications and can be further enhanced by adding our Quad Hose/Nozzle Kit.
- Material: Nylon
- Construction: Frameless
- Reservoir: 2L/70oz
- Color: Gray with night time reflective strips
- Compartments/pockets: 9
Water Usage: Level: Approx. Water Usage
- Lowest Speeds: 1.5 to 2.5 cups/hour
- Medium Speeds: 2.5 to 5 cups/hour
- Highest Speeds: 5 to 6.5 cups/hour
Pump Weight w/battery pack: 16 oz.
Pump Measurements: 7.5" H x 3.5" W x 1.5" D
Inches measuring chest size.
- XXS expands to Large: from 30" to 54"
- Large expands to 4X: from 40" to 62"
- Pack Weight: 2.11 lb (pack, water reservoir and reservoir cover included)
- Pack Measurements: 15.75" H x 9" W (at mid-pack)
- Pack Weight: 2.13 lb (pack, water reservoir and reservoir cover included)
- Pack Measurements: 17.5" H x 9" W (at mid-pack)
Pack Facts with PCS:
- On the shoulders:
- Wide ergonomically-shaped breathable shoulder straps with mesh back for added cooling comfort
- Drink tube/mister hose portals with hose stays on both shoulder straps
- On the sides:
- Adjustable side Z straps allow the pack to adjust from XS to L on our small pack. Our large pack adjusts from L to XXXXL
- Zippered mesh pockets on each side
- On the back:
- Separate compartment fits 2L reservoir with stabilization clip
- 2nd large interior compartment with stretch-mesh pouch for the PCS mist-unit and four additional stretch pockets
- Rubberized PCS hose portals
- Large outer stretch-mesh compartment for helmet or perfect for airing out damp clothes
- Sun-glass pocket on top of pack
- Zipper at bottom to attach XtremeMist dual bottle Waist-Pack (purchased separately)
- On the front:
- Dual adjustable chest straps with built-in emergency whistle
- Vertical slide fittings allow for easy chest strap adjustments for a snug, near-bounce-free fit
- 5 easy to reach and highly organized pockets
- Roomy interior zippered pocket with key clip and sweat-resistant lining
- Dual stretch-mesh compression pockets
- 2 stretch pockets with bungee cords for extra water flasks or quick access to nutrition
- No bounce pockets for PCS remote-control located on both sides for easy access
- Sternum drink tube magnetic clasp*
- 2L TSI water reservoir:
- Made of food-grade TPU materials, BPA free and FDA approved
- Hanging notch to keep water reservoir in place
- 37" "cut to fit" PVC drink tube with quick disconnect fitting
- Bite valve with on/off button
- Includes insulated reservoir cover
*Magnetic drink tube holder has a strong magnetic field. If you have a pacemaker, remove magnetic clip before using pack.
Our Mission? Master the Mister!
I live in Arizona, the hottest of the United States, and I'm an avid outdoorsman who's explored the world's deserts - including a 1000 mile trek through the Sahara. So, I was always grappling with the heat - I didn't want it to stop me from the activities I love. I looked around for anything that could help, but high-pressure misting systems were only for home or commercial use. And personal systems were low-end, hand-held, mini-fan style misters. That just wasn't good enough!
I knew what I needed - compact, lightweight, hands-free and professional-grade, built for someone one the move and out for long hikes, rides or runs. But, would it be possible to get a high-pressure pump and a high-capacity rechargeable battery into a small, light and durable unit?
After extensive research, I was convinced it could be done - or maybe I convinced myself to find a way. I spent over two years of development and testing, refining the specs, redesigning elements, adding features to make it more flexible, sourcing high-quality parts and making sure it worked the way I wanted it to. I had other outdoor enthusiasts test it out and give me feedback.
Then, finally, it was ready! And it has transformed my summer activity! I get more days out, plus I'm more comfortable and having more fun. It's become my favorite piece of outdoor gear - and I'm sure it'll become yours, too.
My mission was to help active people keep cooler, and that mission doesn't end with the launch of my ExtremeMist PCS (Personal Cooling System). We're just getting started. I've already developed multiple nozzles - dual, triple and quad-head - for use in or out of a pack. Plus, I'm working on several other ideas, including solar charging for long adventures, a lawn-mower attachment, and an integrated safety vest for construction workers, traffic police, and municipal road workers.
The positive response to the ExtremeMist PCS has been truly gratifying. People can use it for any outdoor activity - chores out in the yard, beach and poolside recreation, parents on the sidelines at sporting events, and festivals like Burning Man and Coachella. It has already helped people in ways I couldn't have anticipated. So, thanks for your support and feedback. That's been the coolest part of this whole journey.