ExtremeMIST Hydration Pack
Are you looking for a new backpack?
Try our vest-style pack. Its lightweight, ergonomic design delivers near bounce-free comfort and easy function. This vest pack features ample pockets inside and out, a rubberized bite valve with an on/off lever that clips magnetically to the pack, and safety features such as an emergency whistle and night-time reflective strips.
Already own an ExtremeMist PCS? Our vest-style pack was built with the PCS unit in mind. This roomy pack has a built-in stretch-mesh pocket for the PCS unit, rubberized hose portals and remote control pockets so the PCS unit will install perfectly.
This Hydration Pack does NOT have the PCS pre-installed.
- Material: Nylon
- Construction: Frameless
- Reservoir: 2L
- Color: Gray with night time reflective strips
- Compartments/pockets: 9
Inches measuring chest size:
- Small: from 33" to 42.5"
- Large: from 41" to 52"
- Weight: 14 oz (pack & included water reservoir cover)
- Measurements: 15.75" H x 9" W (at mid-pack)
- Weight: 16oz (pack & included water reservoir cover)
- Measurements: 17.5" H x 9" W (at mid-pack)
Pack Facts without PCS:
- On the shoulders:
- Wide ergonomically-shaped breathable shoulder straps with mesh back for added cooling comfort
- Drink tube/mister hose portals with hose stays on both shoulder straps
- On the sides:
- Adjustable side Z straps allow the pack to adjust from XS to L on our small pack. Our large pack adjusts from L to XXXXL
- Zippered mesh pockets on each side
- On the back:
- Separate compartment fits 2L reservoir with stabilization clip
- 2nd large interior compartment with stretch-mesh pouch for the PCS mist-unit and four additional stretch pockets
- Rubberized PCS hose portals
- Large outer stretch-mesh compartment for helmet or perfect for airing out damp clothes
- Sun-glass pocket on top of pack
- Zipper at bottom to attach XtremeMist dual bottle Waist-Pack (purchased separately)
- On the front:
- Dual adjustable chest straps with built-in emergency whistle
- Vertical slide fittings allow for easy chest strap adjustments for a snug, near-bounce-free fit
- 5 easy to reach and highly organized pockets
- Roomy interior zippered pocket with key clip and sweat-resistant lining
- Dual stretch-mesh compression pockets
- 2 stretch pockets with bungee cords for extra water flasks or quick access to nutrition
- No bounce pockets for PCS remote-control located on both sides for easy access
- Sternum drink tube magnetic clasp*
- 2L TSI water reservoir:
- Made of food-grade TPU materials, BPA free and FDA approved
- Hanging notch to keep water reservoir in place
- 37" "cut to fit" PVC drink tube with quick disconnect fitting
- Bite valve with on/off button
- Includes insulated reservoir cover
*Magnetic drink tube holder has a strong magnetic field. If you have a pacemaker, remove magnetic clip before using pack.
Our Mission? Master the Mister!
I live in Arizona, the hottest of the United States, and I'm an avid outdoorsman who's explored the world's deserts - including a 1000 mile trek through the Sahara. So, I was always grappling with the heat - I didn't want it to stop me from the activities I love. I looked around for anything that could help, but high-pressure misting systems were only for home or commercial use. And personal systems were low-end, hand-held, mini-fan style misters. That just wasn't good enough!
I knew what I needed - compact, lightweight, hands-free and professional-grade, built for someone one the move and out for long hikes, rides or runs. But, would it be possible to get a high-pressure pump and a high-capacity rechargeable battery into a small, light and durable unit?
After extensive research, I was convinced it could be done - or maybe I convinced myself to find a way. I spent over two years of development and testing, refining the specs, redesigning elements, adding features to make it more flexible, sourcing high-quality parts and making sure it worked the way I wanted it to. I had other outdoor enthusiasts test it out and give me feedback.
Then, finally, it was ready! And it has transformed my summer activity! I get more days out, plus I'm more comfortable and having more fun. It's become my favorite piece of outdoor gear - and I'm sure it'll become yours, too.
My mission was to help active people keep cooler, and that mission doesn't end with the launch of my ExtremeMist PCS (Personal Cooling System). We're just getting started. I've already developed multiple nozzles - dual, triple and quad-head - for use in or out of a pack. Plus, I'm working on several other ideas, including solar charging for long adventures, a lawn-mower attachment, and an integrated safety vest for construction workers, traffic police, and municipal road workers.
The positive response to the ExtremeMist PCS has been truly gratifying. People can use it for any outdoor activity - chores out in the yard, beach and poolside recreation, parents on the sidelines at sporting events, and festivals like Burning Man and Coachella. It has already helped people in ways I couldn't have anticipated. So, thanks for your support and feedback. That's been the coolest part of this whole journey.