Shoei X-14 Helmet There are few helmets in the past few years that have generated as much interest as has the introduction of the Shoei X-14 Helmet, and for good reason. It is a true juggernaut of the track, and every line, every angle and every curve has been specially crafted to get the most out of you and your machine. Itís no wonder that the most sophisticated racers in the world are already rocking it at the highest levels.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional ridersí feedback
- Dual-Layer Multi-Density EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and five EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar with Cheek Pad Cooling System
- Standard Rear Flaps can be replaced with optional, narrower flaps to customize aerodynamics, depending on rider preference and track demands
- Removable Lower Air Spoiler can be affixed to the chin bar to improve aerodynamic stabilization
- Upper air intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Rear Stabilizer, allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Cheek Pad Cooling System features channels cut through the EPS liner and corresponding air holes in the cheek pad foam, cooling and clearing warm, humid air away from the riderís face
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+):
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers into shell construction for a structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid, and resilient
3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System:
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning and replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- Cheek pads and center pad can be manipulated to allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees, increasing the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions
- Comfortable, 3D Max-Dry helmet liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors, keeping aggressive riders cool and dry
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured riderís helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by ear pads, removable breath guard, and chin curtain
Standard Chin-Strap Clip:
- Neatly secures chin strap
CWR-F Shield and QR-E System:
- QR-E base plate system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation
- Exclusive patent pending Vortex Generators on shield reduce air friction
- Scratch-resistant coating and Pinlock EVO Fog Resistant System
- 99% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- All-new double shield locking mechanism prevents unwanted shield openings
Around every corner is a brand new adventure, and with that comes the uncontrollable desire to push the limits while exploring the exciting unknown. We at SHOEI know that feeling quite well, which is precisely why we never stop pushing progression within our line of premium motorcycle helmets. Enter the all-new RF-1200.
With a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, SHOEI utilized its 55-year wealth of knowledge, state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the next-generation RF. A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality, SHOEI’s RF-1200 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to an all-new level.
Compact – Lightweight - Aerodynamic Design
The state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility at SHOEI’s Ibaraki factory is an integral part of the helmet design process. Thanks to time well spent in the tunnel from its very beginning stages of development, the RF-1200 boasts a more compact and aerodynamic shell than its predecessor, earning praise and appeal as SHOEI’s lightest Snell-certified full-face model to date. Additionally, the RF-1200 offers a reduction in wind noise without blocking the road’s “informative sounds” thanks to its optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components that have been designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet.
Utilizing SHOEI’s wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, SHOEI engineers equipped the all-new RF-1200 with a large, three-position lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, three upper air vents for optimal air intake, and four uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction—all yielding dramatically-improved cool–air intake and hot–air expulsion.
The RF-1200’s CWR-1 shield provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral. In addition to protecting against 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays, the CWR-1 shield offers a distortion-free view throughout the entire range thanks to SHOEI’s 3D injection-molding process. Additionally, innovative new ribs on the top and bottom edge of the shield improve rigidity and eliminate the bending that may occur from wind pressure and during the opening and closing process, and an improved shield locking mechanism rounds out SHOEI’s most advanced shield system to date.
Q-RE Base Plate System
Coupled with the CWR-1 shield, the RF-1200’s all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal with each and every closure. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s function more precisely than ever, and you’re left with the most advanced base plate/shield combination on the market today.
Pinlock Anti-Fog System
The all-new RF-1200 comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog-Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one-step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first-layer defense, which is precisely why the new RF-1200 features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the RF-1200’s proprietary AIM+ Shell is not only incredibly strong, it is extremely lightweight and compact. The RF-1200 is Snell M2010 and DOT approved.
4 Shell Sizes
While some of our competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, SHOEI offers an industry-leading four shell sizes in the RF-1200 to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
Borrowing technology developed for SHOEI’s groundbreaking VFX-W and X-Twelve racing helmets, SHOEI equipped the RF-1200 with its exclusive Emergency Quick Release System that allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet. With the cheek pads removed, the helmet can be safely lifted from a rider’s head without creating unnecessary strain in the neck area.
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
The RF-1200 is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry System II interior. The 3D center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. Additionally, the RF-1200’s 3D-shaped cheek pads are available in multiple thicknesses for a customizable fit, and SHOEI’s exclusive Max-Dry System II liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional Nylon interiors.
Dual-Layer / Multi-Density EPS Liner
The RF-1200’s Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam in key areas around the rider’s head, it is designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the RF-1200’s superior ventilation characteristics. In addition to enhanced impact absorption and ventilation, the precise placement of multi-density EPS liner material yields a more compact, lightweight design.
The chin curtain can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
The breath guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
The RF-1200 is equipped with removable ear pads.
5-Year Warranty From Purchase Date. 7-Year Warranty From Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.