Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet - Metallic & Mattes
Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet - Metallic & Mattes
From the very beginning phases of conceptualization, the sole purpose of creating the all-new Hornet X2 was to offer serious dual-sport enthusiasts the perfect helmet for all corners of their journey. Striking the optimal balance between on-and-off-road form and function is no easy task, but in the end, the Hornet X2 defines what we all love most about dual-sport, adventure riding; it knows no bounds. Designed to maintain peak performance in every condition thrown its way without compromising the core values of a long distance touring helmet, the new Hornet X2 is a true all-road, all-element helmet.
The all-new design of the SHOEI Hornet X2 helmet is ideal for the dual-sport/adventure market that strikes the optimal balance between on and off road form and function. The all new Hornet X2 is a true all-road, any-condition helmet.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Dual-Layer multi-density EPS liner accommodates a more compact design without compromising ventilation
CNS-2 Shield System
- All-New CNS-2 3D injection-molded shield offers a distortion-free view
- Innovative ribs on the top edge of the shield improve rigidity when opening and closing
- QR-N base plate system offers quick and efficient shield removal without having to remove the visor
- Improved shield locking system
- Pinlock\xAC EVO shield and lens included
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider\xCDs head, allowing a comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high speed riding
- 3D-Shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner materialquickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider\xCDs helmet
- Removable ear pads
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- All-new V-460 visor is the result of many hours in SHOEI\xCDs wind tunnel, featuring an innovative wedge shape with strategically placed vent louvers which allow wind to pass through unobstructed at high speed
- A large, multi-position lower air intake/defroster
- Two shutter-controlled upper air vents
- Four uniquely-positioned rear exhaust outlets
- Three neck outlet vents
- Standards: Snell and DOT-218 Approved
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber)
At first glance, you'll quickly admire the design characteristics that make the Hornet X2 a true hybrid between a premium road and off-road helmet. The mouthpiece and chin bar area incorporate the best features from both worlds; its shape was designed to improve air intake and ventilation performance, all the while giving the rider the additional air space needed to accommodate heavy breathing during demanding off-road riding. Abandoning the traditional mouthpiece of an off-road helmet, the Hornet X2 provides the additional protection needed when weather conditions become adverse, and the multi-stage lower vent shutter allows the rider to fine-tune airflow for every riding conditions.
The Hornet X2's all-new V-460 visor spent countless development hours in SHOEI's wind tunnel and on the road to perfect the proper balance between aerodynamics and traditional visor functionality. The innovative F1wedge shape along with strategically placed vent louvers allow wind to pass through unobstructed during high-speed riding, ultimately reducing lift and drag. Along with superior aerodynamic qualities, the V-460's shape was strategically designed to push air into the Hornet X2's upper air intake for optimal cooling, all the while maintaining its fundamental purpose of providing sunshade and roost protection during off-road riding. Rounding out the V-460's innovative features, easy-to-operate quarter-turn screws allow for quick removal and installation of the visor without the need for special tools.
Along with the Hornet X2's large eye port, SHOEI's all-new CNS-2 shield offers unparalleled vision across the entire optical range. In addition to protecting against 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays, the CNS-2 shield offers a distortion-free view thanks to SHOEI's 3D injection-molding process. Additionally, an innovative rib on the top edge of the shield improves rigidity and eliminates bending that may occur during opening and closing.
QR-N Base Plate
Coupled with the all-new CNS-2 shield, the Hornet X2's QR-N base plate system facilitates quick and efficient shield changes for easy adaptation during your journey. The strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the improved window beading to ensure a dust, wind and waterproof seal with each and every closure. A new shield locking mechanism rounds out the Hornet X2's advanced shield system.
Pinlock EVO Fog-Resistant System
The Hornet X2 comes equipped with a Pinlock EVO Fog-Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one-step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
For you hardcore dual-sport enthusiasts who appreciate the advantages of traditional off-road goggles from time-to-time, the Hornet X2 is happy to abide. Removal of the shield is optional, as the new Hornet's roomy eye port accepts goggles when the shield is in the fully open position. If you prefer to run your goggles with the shield removed, the Hornet X2's quick-release base plate system will make it happen in a hurry!