Black Diamond Distance Spike Traction Device
The Distance Spike is our pinnacle trail running traction device, built for fast mountain travel, whether you're linking 14'ers or gunning for an FKT on an alpine peak. The Distance Spike has an industry-first hybrid upper which features a softshell toe cover combined with a heel retention elastomer. The innovative softshell toe cover is designed for ultimate fit, superior packability, and snow protection. The toe cover also helps to keep the Distance featherweight at only 115 grams per device. Drawing from our extensive experience designing climbing crampons, the Distance Spike features 14 spikes which have an optimized 8mm length, designed to provide excellent engagement on snow and ice, with improved stability on rock and hard surfaces. The spikes are made of stainless steel and are heat treated for superior strength, corrosion and wear resistance.
- Athlete Driven by Joe Grant and Kyle Richardson
- Industry-first hybrid upper with softshell toe cover and heel retention elastomer
- Innovative softshell toe cover for optimized fit, packability, and snow protection
- 14 heat treated stainless steel spikes with optimized 8mm length provide superior traction over varied terrain with snow and ice while maintaining underfoot stability on rock and hard surfaces
- Ultra-durable construction with reinforced dual density elastomer eyelets
- Front-point spike positioned for optimal toe-off engagement
- Heel webbing loop for easy on/off and heel identification
- 115 grams per device (size Medium)
- Size Range:
- W Shoes: (Small = 5-7.5 US, 35-38.5 EU), (Med = 8-10.5 US, 39-42 EU), (Large = 11-13.5 US, 42.5-46 EU) W Boots: (Small = 4-6.5 US, 35-38 EU), (Med = 7-9.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 10-12.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) M Shoes: (Small = 4-6.5 US, 35-38 EU), (Med = 7-9.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 10-12.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) (XL = 13-15.5 US, 46.5-49.5 EU) M Boots: (Med = 6-8.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 9-11.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) (XL = 12-14.5 US, 45-48.5 EU)
- Weight: Medium 221.13 g (7.8 oz) Pair
Here at Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.
What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.
We're a company of users. It's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Because of this, the creation of Black Diamond is a process that will never end. The company today is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in the U.S., at Black Diamond Europe and at Black Diamond Asia whose limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.