Black Diamond Access Spike Traction Device
The Access Spike is our workhorse traction device, built for all-around trail performance, whether you're on a winter training run in the mountains, or out for a summer alpine scramble in varied technical terrain. Drawing from our extensive experience designing climbing crampons, the Distance Spike features 14 spikes which have an optimized 8mm length, designed to provide excellent engagement on snow and ice, with improved stability on rock and hard surfaces. The spikes are made of stainless steel and are heat treated for superior strength, corrosion and wear resistance. The Access features a full elastomer harness for ultimate footwear adaptability and includes a heel webbing loop for easy on/off and heel identification.
- Full elastomer harness for ultimate footwear adaptability
- 14 stainless steel spikes with optimized 8mm length provide superior traction over varied terrain with snow and ice while maintaining underfoot stability on rock and hard surfaces
- Ultra-durable construction with reinforced dual density elastomer eyelets
- Front-point spike positioned for optimal toe-off engagement
- Heel webbing loop for easy on/off and heel identification
- 125 grams per device (size Medium)
- Size Range:
- W Shoes: (Small = 5-7.5 US, 35-38.5 EU), (Med = 8-10.5 US, 39-42 EU), (Large = 11-13.5 US, 42.5-46 EU) W Boots: (Small = 4-6.5 US, 35-38 EU), (Med = 7-9.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 10-12.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) M Shoes: (Small = 4-6.5 US, 35-38 EU), (Med = 7-9.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 10-12.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) (XL = 13-15.5 US, 46.5-49.5 EU) M Boots: (Med = 6-8.5 US, 37.5-41 EU), (Large = 9-11.5 US, 41.5-44.5 EU) (XL = 12-14.5 US, 45-48.5 EU)
- Weight: 3.7 oz (105 g), 3.88 oz (110 g), 4.06 oz (115 g), 4.23 oz (120 g)
Here at Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.
What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.
We're a company of users. It's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Because of this, the creation of Black Diamond is a process that will never end. The company today is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in the U.S., at Black Diamond Europe and at Black Diamond Asia whose limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.