The Solar Bear is built for long days in the sun!
While Solar Bear houses all the same high performance insulation as our Nylon Soft Coolers, the exterior shell has an innovative UV-Protectant PU coating (the same coating can be found on our Eclipse coolers). This coating keeps the exterior of the cooler from getting hot in the sun. If you are expecting prolonged sun exposure, the Solar Bear is your cooler!
The Polar Bear Solar Bear Series features a 1000 denier luggage-grade nylon outer shell, with a UV-Resistant PU Coating. It Looks great on the outside but it's what's on the inside that really counts. The Solar Bear houses the thickest and highest density insulation in it's class. It's going to keep you cool on the hottest days.
In the world of soft coolers you are only as good as your liner. The Solar Bear feature a leak proof/sweat proof FDA food grade liner approved for consumer safe perishable storage. The Solar Bear is built for the long haul with a YKK #10 heavy duty weatherized zipper and utilizes our patent pending zipper sew design, which insures that your cooler works as hard as you play.
The Polar Bear Solar Bear series is heavy duty and durable! It's made for everyday use. Quality that lives up to its name! Superior craftsmanship and performance, it keeps ice for at least 24 hours in 100 plus degree heat. Ideal for boating activities, tailgating, camping, sporting events, the golf course, or just sitting around the camp fire with friends. Nothing keeps cool like a Polar Bear!
- 1000 Denier Luggage Grade Nylon Outer Shell
- One Inch Thick HIGH DENSITY foam insulation
- Leak Proof / Sweat Proof FDA Food Grade Liner
- Heavy Duty #10 YKK Weatherized Zipper Patent Pending Sew Design
- Quality hardware and shoulder strap adjustments
- Side zipper pocket
- 4 tie downs (2 on each side)
- Heavy-duty nylon bottom saddle
GET OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE FROM YOUR COOLER
- Pack your cooler with as much ice as possible. Air inside the cooler will cause ice to melt more rapidly. Use a 3 to 1 ice to product ratio.
- Make sure the items you pack in your cooler are cold from the start.
- Make sure you use the side buckles when your cooler is not open. Using the buckles creates a seal in the insulation and will ensure your goods stay cold for as long as possible.
- When possible, keep the ice in a bag together on top of the products in the cooler. Cold air descends, loose ice melts faster.
- When you first put ice in your cooler, the cooler will cool from room temp and join the temp of the ice. This means the ice is working extra hard in the beginning. If you are traveling and refilling your cooler as you go, you can expect better results the next time you add ice. The Polar Bear cooler is designed to get cold and stay cold. Once it\xCDs cold, it will keep colder longer.
- Limit air exposure (opening and closing) your cooler when possible.
- Retains ice for a long time, keeps things cold, looks nice, easy to carry