Oro Sports Cooling Headband
A maximum performance headband, plus the added benefit of cooling! More effective than evaporative neck and towel brands that provide nothing more than damp skin cooling.
Our slip-proof headbands feature premium performance spandex, a soft absorbant lining, and a concealed pocket where one frozen CoolPak can be inserted. When worn with CoolPak, the cooling is positioned at the base of your head, cooling the blood enroute to your brain, where overheating occurs!
Where with, or without, CoolPak. Team or group orders are eligible for customization.
Cooling the neck has been shown to help improve performance, reduce sweating, and enhance the feeling of comfort (1,2). Even this small area of the body will yield some surprising benefits from cooling.
Surface cooling depends primarily on how much surface area you can cover, where more is better. However, there are a few small areas on the body which provide unique responses to cooling. The back of your neck is one of those areas. The palms of your hands is another. *Read more about palm cooling in our "CoolCuff" section.
- 1. Yang Zhang et al. Cooling on Soccer Performance .Monten. J. Sports Sci. Med. 3 (2014) 1: 17-22
- 2. Tyler, C. J., and C. Sunderland. Neck Cooling and Running Performance in the Heat Med. Sci. Sports Exerc., Vol. 43, No. 12, pp. 00-00, 2011
- 3. Ruddock, A. et al (2014). Effect of hand cooling on body temperature, cardiovascular and perceptual responses during recumbent cycling in a hot environment. Journal of Science and Cycling, 3 (2).
- A maximum performance headband, plus the added benefit of cooling!
- More effective than evaporative neck and towel brands that provide nothing more than damp skin cooling
- Our slip-proof headbands feature premium performance spandex, a soft absorbant lining, and a concealed pocket where one frozen CoolPak can be inserted
- When worn with CoolPak, the cooling is positioned at the base of your head, cooling the blood enroute to your brain, where overheating occurs!
- Our hands-free, on-the-go cooling gear actually cools for the long haul!
- One size fits all
- Colors: Black, Red, Royal, Navy, Green, Hot Pink, White, Purple, Orange
Oro Sports co-founder, Luanne DiBernardo, first started prototyping and testing cooling wearables in 2009 with her brother, a former DKNY designer with heat intolerance due to a chronic condition. At that time, the siblings focused on chronic conditions and wellness markets with their Signature Cooling Vest.
Increasing incidents of in heat injuries in competitive sports - combined with a demand for performance-enhancing products - Oro Sports was born.
Co-founder Tom Burns owns the manufacturing facility that has stitched every cooling product since the start. The dynamics of this working partnership places design and manufacturing under one roof. The culmination of experience, knowledge, talent, and process places Oro Sports ahead of the curve in quality, innovation, customer service, and product development.
Shining a light on the thermoregulation demands of competitive athletes, the Oro Sports Team is aimed to demonstrate that heat exhaustion and heat strokes are 100% preventable. And Oro Sports is 100% ready to change the performance game.