Onyx Cool Cap (80°) - Khaki (Hat NOT Included)
The 80° Onyx Cool Cap (hat NOT included) delivers fridge-free cooling relief to protect against heat stress. It’s made with a plant-based cooling phase material (PCM) that comfortably fits inside a construction hard hat or baseball cap. It refreshes to cool state at room temp when not in use.
- Feels comfortably cool for 30-45 minutes, depending on ambient temperature.
- Made in America. FDA registered. HSA and FSA reimbursable.
- Dimensions: 10 x 11 x 0.25 inches. 6 oz.
Care and Use:
- Wear cool white padding directly on head until cool pads become clear.
- To re-cool, lay the cap flat for 20 minutes in room temperature (below 80°) or quickly reactivate in cooler of ice
- To clean, use a damp cloth and mild soap. Air dry.
- Product Dimensions: 10 in x 11 in x .25 in
- Product Weight: 6 oz.
- Materials: Veltex fabric (khaki); Aromatic Polyether Polyurethane; Elastic straps with hook and loop closure; PCM Octadecane molecular formula C18H38 or CH3(CH2)16CH3.
- Included: Petal shaped cap cooler
- Classification: FDA Class 1 Medical Device
- Product Origin: Made in the USA
- Color: Khaki
- The device is not intended for use on infants.
- Keep and store the device away from heat and sharp objects.
- CANNOT be used as a hot pack.
- DO NOT microwave.
- DO NOT apply to open wounds, abrasions or a break in the skin.
- DO NOT over tighten elastic straps as this may affect circulation.
- DO NOT use bleach to clean the device.
- If the device is punctured or damaged, discard immediately and obtain a new, clean device.
- Discontinue use if discomfort, redness, increased swelling or skin irritation occurs. Wash area with mild soap and water. If pain persists, consult your physician or healthcare professional.
What is OnyxCool?
OnyxCool makes FDA-registered Class 1 medical devices that deliver optimal cooling for pain relief, injury repair and recovery from surgery. Each OnyxCool product is made in the USA and utilizes Phase Change Material that is formulated to either 58° F or 80° F.
OnyxCool's therapeutic products wraps have been clinically tested to provide safe, effective pain relief. Compared to other cool therapy methods, post-surgical patients using OnyxCool reported higher satisfaction scores and reduced use of pain medication.
Why Cool, Not Cold?
Ice and gel packs are too cold and create risk of ice burn and frost bite. After a short period of time they create discomfort and cause vasoconstriction. This shrinking of blood vessels reduces blood flow and inhibits the body's natural ability to heal.
Unlike ice or gel packs, OnyxCool therapeutic devices utilize Phase Change Material (PCM) specially-formulated to 58° for optimal cool therapy and can be worn directly on the skin. The PCM draws heat away from the injury to relieve pain and speed healing by allowing healthy blood flow.
OnyxCool PCM-Phase Change Material:
Safe, effective cool therapy for active healing and recovery.
Ice and gel packs are too cold. After a short period of time they cause vasoconstriction. This shrinking of blood vessels reduces blood flow and inhibits the body's natural ability to heal.
Unlike ice, OnyxCool PCM is specially formulated for cool therapy. The PCM pulls heat away from the injury to speed up healing and relieve pain.