Smith Optics Express Mips Bike Helmets
Ideal for commuting, urban rides and exploring local trails, the Smith Optics Express MIPS bike helmet pairs a clean, minimalist shell with an integrated rear light and reflective straps for visibility.
- Low-profile, ventilated design with lightweight in-mold construction and MIPS offers protection for rides on urban roads and local trails
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries; with MIPS, a low-friction layer slides 10 to 15 mm in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- Removable fabric visor is great for keeping the sun out of your eyes
- 13 vents are optimized to provide maximum airflow, keeping you cool
- Adjustable fit system with easy-to-use dial offers a secure, personal fit
- Integrated rear light and reflective straps help you be seen in low-light conditions; light has solid and flashing modes; coin battery included
- Certifications: CPSC, CE EN 1078
- Best Use: Recreational Cycling
- Helmet Style: Recreational Cycling
- Helmet Construction: In-mold
- Shell Material: Polycarbonate
- Head Circumference: S: 20.1-21.7 inches, M: 21.7-23.2 inches
- Vents: 13
- Visor/Brim: Yes
- Weight: 11.6 ounces
- Gender: Unisex
SMITH OPTICS COMPANY PROFILE
Based in Sun Valley, Idaho, Smith Optics, Inc. was founded in 1965 with the creation of the first-ever goggle featuring a sealed thermal lens and breathable vent foam. This invention would revolutionize the powder skiing experience and make Smith Optics a worldwide brand in the years to come. In the early days, founder Dr. Bob Smith, a dentist by trade, made goggles by hand using dental tools, foam and glue. Before he struck a deal for the manufacturing of Smith goggles in the late 60's, Smith built early prototypes with friends around the kitchen table and would often trade these creations for lift tickets while traveling to test the goggles out.
Building on that goggle heritage and extending its expertise, Smith Optics has gone on to set the standard for high performance eyewear, goggles, and helmets. Goggle innovations over the years include the 5X Anti-Fog inner lens, the I/O series featuring a quick release lens system, patented Turbo Fan air management system, patented Regulator adjustable lens ventilation system, patented Roll Off's film advance system for motocross, and the patented ODS (Ocular Docking System) prescription insert. In sunglasses, Smith Optics is well known for its patented Slider and PivLock series sunglasses, the most innovative interchangeable sunglasses available, and more recently the ChromaPop lens which offers unmatched polarization, clarity and color enhancement. Aside from superior eyewear, Smith Optics has also developed a line of ski and bike helmets, providing protection while setting industry standards in style, function, and fit.
Today, Smith Optics has become synonymous with innovative, durable, top-quality products in the eyewear, goggle, and helmet market. The company is also recognized for its unparalleled team roster of athletes, which boasts some of the top names in biking, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, motocross, and climbing. These athletes depend on Smith Optics under the harshest conditions and Smith utilizes team input as a key element of new product design, performance testing, and coloration selection.
Smith products are sold worldwide in more than 50 countries through specialty and sporting goods stores. To best meet the demands of outdoor enthusiasts across the globe, Smith Optics has hubs in several countries. The corporate headquarters are still in Ketchum, Idaho, with European headquarters located in Padua, Italy and the Canadian headquarters in Quebec. The warehouse, customer service, and manufacturing facility are in Clearfield, Utah.
From Smith's ultimate integration between goggles and helmets, to the unmatched clarity of the ChromaPop lens, its' devotion to excellence, innovation and style has made Smith goggles, helmets, and sunglasses the choice of action-sport athletes worldwide. Smith products represent authentic sports gear, researched and tested by a dedicated group of employees and athletes that live and breathe the lifestyle. It's easy to make great product when you love what you do.