Outdoor Research Protective Essential Midweight Balaclava Kit
Protective Essential Midweight Balaclava Kit
Winter temperatures call for double protection - From the cold, and from virus, bacteria, and particles in the air. Try the protective Midweight Balaclava Kit treated with HEIQ V-BLOCK for resistance against spoilage from microbes, complete with a 3-pack of the most breathable and protective Essential Filter.
The best, most breathable protection from viruses and cold temperatures while skiing, running, and playing in the snow
Face masks just don't cut it in the cold. For the warmest, most breathable protection this winter, try the Essential Midweight Balaclava Kit. Complete with the coverage and comfortable fit you expect from a balaclava, this kit is supercharged with HEIQ V-BLOCK technology and the renowned Essential Filter.
The Essential Balaclava has an adjustable, customizable fit and a highly packable design that makes it easy to travel with you anytime that you leave the house. Wear this washable balaclava on its own as a basic face covering, or pair it with the Essential Filter for high filtration efficiency that filters greater than 95% of virus, bacteria, and particles according to ASTM standards.
What's Included: 1 Balaclava, 3-Pack Medium Essential Filters, and Protective Storage Pouch
About the Balaclava
- Fully customizable fit. Hinge construction and nose wire for comfortable and secure fit.
- UPF 50+ Sun Protection.
- Resistant to spoilage from microbes. Water & stain repellent, the balaclava can be laundered up to 30 times while maintaining 100% of the HEIQ V-BLOCK performance. After 30 washes, the HEIQ V-BLOCK will slowly diminish.
- Built to last. Durable polyester fabric outperforms cotton in a 10,000+ cycle abrasion test, and is faster to dry and wick moisture.
About the Filter
- Filters greater than 95% of virus, bacteria, and particles in accordance with ASTM test standards.
- Reduces the risk of contaminant transmission by utilizing very high filtration efficiency when used in conjunction with a mask.
- Made in the USA.
- Breathable & non-irritating.
- Replace every 5-7 days depending on amount of wear and soil level.
- Filter Size: Medium
- Fabric Performance:
- Quick Drying
- UPF 50+
- Design Features:
- Highly Packable
- Fully Adjustable for Versatile Fit
- Included with Purchase: Midweight Balaclava
- 3 Pack of Medium Essential Filters
- Protective Storage Pouch
- Product: #283653
- Fabric: 82% Polyester, 18% Spandex
At Outdoor Research, we built a company from a feeling: the urge to get out. It's what drives us. We love coming to work every day and inventing ever better solutions to what nature throws our way. But we're more than just the gear we build. We're part of a community of friends whose lives are connected by our common need to be outside. Our tribe is devoted to exploring our outdoor passions and challenging ourselves in the mountains, water and deserts of the planet we love so much.
In 1981, a brilliant scientist and adventurer named Ron Gregg watched his frostbitten partner get airlifted off a glacier on Denali. He'd spent months planning a new route in the purest style, skiing 100 miles from the road to the base of the climb. Barely halfway to the summit, their trip ended with the failure of a simple pair of gaiters. Stubborn to the end, Ron refused a seat on the helicopter and descended alone for two weeks, pondering what had happened. Somewhere along the way he realized he could both fix the gear problem and devote his life to pursuing his passion for adventure. By the end, he knew one thing for sure: He wasn't going back to his old job.
Ron Gregg built Outdoor Research on the idea that life is an adventure, and the best gear makes it more fun. Though he died tragically in an avalanche more than a decade ago, his legacy remains at our core. In our world, it's not about chasing heroes; It's about being on the journey. It's not how often we get out as much as how often we want to be out that makes us who we are. Our goal is to do all we can to expand the tribe of people who share our belief that progress is spiritual and life is unimaginable without the quest.
And we want you in it, because we're pretty sure that the bigger our tribe gets, the better off the world will be.
Outdoor Research. Designed By Adventure.