Brunton Standard Pocket Transit, Azimuth (0-360) - Orange
Same great transit with a bold new color!
Built with all of the functionality and features of traditional Brunton Transits, the Standard takes traditional strike & dip measurements and excels at low-angle readings with it's flat bottom and non-slip silicon foot.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring. The Standard Transit's body is CNC machined from a from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches. Best of all use the built in bottle opener after a long day in the field.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, hand-built, and sold across the world via our factory and global headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
- New orange anodized body to increase visibility in the field.
- Newly designed body is CNC-milled and hard-anodized for simplicity and durability.
- Comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
- Unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
- The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
- Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
- All transits are compatible with our Jacob's Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
- Each model is available in either Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
- Measurement style: Strike & Dip
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
- Weight: 6.9oz | 195g
- Azimuth: +/- 1/2 w/ 1 graduations
- Internal clinometer: +/-1/2 w/ 1 graduations
- Percent grade: 5% graduations
- Declination adjustment: +/- 180
At Brunton, our passion for the outdoors is carried over into our daily tasks and is easily recognized through the innovative and professional grade products we bring to the market. We offer an opportunity to work with a diverse and creative team who appreciate the outdoor culture.
WHAT MATTERED THEN, MATTERS NOW.
In 1894, D.W. Brunton created the Pocket Transit: a compact, precision compass that freed outdoorsmen from the bulky equipment of the time, and set the course we still follow: never accept, never settle. Our home and headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming, at the foot of the Wind River range, is both inspiration and proving ground for products created to that creed, made for those who overcome and achieve. The drive to excel changed everything back in 1894; it matters more today.
No matter wherever, whenever or however you use a Brunton Product, if you break it, we'll fix or replace it. So treat every product like it's indestructible because, as far as YOU are concerned, it is.