Boosts Airflow To Rooms That Are Too HOT Or Too COLD
Suncourt's Equalizer® EQ2 boosts airflow to problem areas, giving you the comfort your family deserves. The Equalizer's powerful, quiet fan works to pull extra air out of weak registers, increasing airflow by up to 80%.
• Place and plug convenience
• Automatically boosts heating and air conditioning
• Boosts airflow up to 80%
• Safe for children and pets
• Fits over floor or wall registers up to 6" x 12"
• 12 month limited warranty
What will the Equalizer EQ2 do for me?
The Equalizer EQ2 is designed to be placed over a floor or wall register (6" x 12" maximum size) to boost the airflow from that register. By boosting airflow, it will warm up rooms that are chronically cold in the winter and cool down rooms that are chronically too hot in the summer.
Does the Equalizer EQ2 heat or cool the air?
No. The Equalizer EQ2 does neither heat nor cool the air. It boosts airflow from a register, thus bringing more heated air from your furnace or cooled air from your air conditioner into a problem room.
When I hold my hand above the Equalizer EQ2, I do not feel much air.
The Equalizer EQ2 has a patented fan system that disperses the air in a more or less horizontal circular pattern. To blow air from the unit straight up to the ceiling is not desirable. Hold your hands to the sides of the air exhaust grille of the Equalizer EQ2 and you will feel the airflow. This way, the air stays at the lower room level; not the ceiling.
The air coming from the Equalizer EQ2 feels cold during the winter heating season.
Moving air flowing over your skin feels colder than still air. The temperature of the air is in fact the same. That "cold" sensation on your skin comes from the evaporation of the moisture on your skin caused by moving air. That is why sitting in the airflow of a fan feels good on a hot summer day. The air from that fan has the same temperature as the other surrounding air. Again, the air movement over your skin causes the chilly sensation. That is why drafts are so uncomfortable.
How do I connect the Equalizer EQ2 to the power?
No installation is required for the Equalizer EQ2. You simply place it over a floor register (6" x 12" maximum size) and plug it into the nearest 110 Volt wall outlet.
How much electricity does an Equalizer EQ2 use?
The Equalizer EQ2 uses 27 Watts when running. Like a small light bulb.
Can I mount the Equalizer EQ2 on a wall register?
Yes, small keyhole slots are provided in the bottom grille of the Equalizer EQ2. Depending on the size and type of wall register, you may install screws in the register or surrounding wall and simply hang the Equalizer EQ2 on those screws. In some instances, it is not possible to install screws for hanging the Equalizer EQ2 with the function panel label on the top. In this case you will need to hang it upside down. Note that the lettering on the function label will be upside down also.
Does the Equalizer EQ2 have to cover a register entirely?
Yes. The Equalizer EQ2 must cover a register grille opening entirely. The Equalizer EQ2 is designed to create a slight vacuum at the register, thus pull air from the duct. You do not want to pull in room air.
Suncourt has been providing quality products for better comfort and health through air quality and control since 1988.
Our engineered products improve indoor air quality and comfort in a smart, efficient, energy saving way.
Suncourt products are listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. UL® and/or ITS Intertek Inc. ETL® Semko for your safety and protection.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EQUALIZER® EQ2 REGISTER BOOSTER™
WARNING - To Reduce The Risk Of Fire, Electric Shock Or Injury To Persons, Observe The Following:
1. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including fire-rated construction.
2. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment to prevent back drafting. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and local code authorities.
3. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage electrical wiring or other hidden utilities.
4. WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock do not use with an extension cord.
Please read and understand this entire manual before attempting to operate or install the product.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
1) Use fan only for intended use, as described in instruction manual. Other use may cause fire, electrical shock, damage to the unit, or injury to persons and will void any warranty by the manufacturer.
2) To protect against electric shock, do not immerse unit, plug, or cord in water or spray with liquids.
3) Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
4) Unplug from outlet when not in use, when moving fan from one location to another and before cleaning. Turn the unit off before unplugging.
5) Never insert any object or allow any object to enter the Equalizer® EQ2 through the grills, as this may damage the unit or cause it to malfunction.
6) Pressure on the grills of the Equalizer® EQ2 may cause the fan impeller to contact these grills and damage the unit.
7) Disconnect fan before cleaning. Do not use strong detergents or flammable liquids to clean the Equalizer® EQ2.
8) The motor of the Equalizer® EQ2 is equipped with a thermal fuse. Blocking rotation of the fan or airflow may cause the motor to overheat. Should the motor overheat and the fuse open, replacement of the motor is required.
9) Do not in any way block the air grills of the Equalizer® EQ2.
10) Do not use fan in a window. Rain may cause an electrical hazard. The Equalizer® EQ2 should never be exposed to moisture. Do not use the unit in a bathroom or laundry area where it may come in contact with water.
11) Do not operate in the presence of explosive and/or flammable fumes.
12) Do not place fan or any parts near an open flame, cooking or other heating appliances.
13) Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
14) To disconnect, grip plug and pull from wall outlet. Never yank on cord.
15) The housing of your Equalizer® EQ2 is sealed at the factory. THERE ARE NO SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. Attempting to open the housing will expose you to dangerous electricity, may cause fire, and will void any and all warranty.
16) The Equalizer® EQ2 is designed for indoor use only.
17) This product is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
18) Do not use fan near curtains, plants, windows treatments, etc.
19) Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. Discard fan or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.