Vornado Expand6 Small Travel Air Circulator Fan with Collapsible Body, Built-in Carry Handle, Integrated Cord Storage, Multi-Directional Airflow - Black/Gray
Expand your horizons No longer bound to the confines of the home, our new line of Expand travel circulators were designed to be taken - on the road, in the air, out the door. A quick pull and the Expand6 snaps into position, and collapses down in a wink for small storage. A perfect addition to any RV or companion at your next crafting crop, Expand6 is mighty but packs down small. Three speeds ensure you are encompassed by cooling air flow all along your journey. With a built-in carry handle and integrated cord storage, Expand6 might just be the best travel companion you ever had.
Important International Disclaimer: This item is built to meet U.S. voltage requirements and may not function properly when used in conjunction with external devices that alter or convert voltage or frequency of electricity. Improper use or shipping the product outside the U.S. will void all warranties.
- Two speeds ensure you are encompassed by cooling air comfort all along your journey while a pivoting head allows you to direct airflow to where you want it.
- For portability, the base of Expand doubles as a carry handle when the unit is collapsed, and features non-marking silicone feet for added stability during operation.
- The inlet guide cone provides a dual purpose. When collapsed, it conceals the cord for convenient cord management, and when expanded, it directs air to the most efficient parts of the blades to increase airflow.
- A Vornado circulator creates a unique airflow pattern called Vortex Action to circulate all the air in the room. The air flows fast, cool and constant to create a cooling experience unlike any other.
- No longer bound to the confines of the home, the Expand was designed to be taken - on the road, in the air, out the door. A quick pull and Expand pops into place. A quick push and it collapses for travel or storage.
- Though uniquely designed for collapse and go portability, Expand4 is also the perfect addition for providing air comfort at your desk, on a nightstand, or end table.
- Superior Support - Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- Collapsible Design - Quickly expands for cooling air comfort and collapses to a compact size making it perfect for travel and easy to store
- Simple Controls - 3 speed settings with multi-directional airflow to tailor your air comfort and direct the airflow where you want it
- Optimum Performance - Unique five blade design effectively moves air smoothly while providing relaxing, natural wind white noise
- Functional Design - A built-in carry handle with non-marking silicone feet and integrated cord wrap provides on the go convenience and essential cord management
- Built to meet U. S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U. S.
- Electric fan design: Table Fan
- Power Source: AC
- Special Feature: Manual
- Room Type: Bedroom, Living room, Dining Room, Basement, Hallway
- Included Components: 1
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage: Indoor
- Color: Black/Gray
- Style: Expand6 - Small
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 7.8 x 11 x 11 inches
- Speed Settings: 3
- Max Distance: 60 ft.
- Control Style: Mechanical Switch
- Item Weight: 3.7 lbs.
- Item Dimensions -Expanded: 11"H x 11"W x 7.75"D
- Item Dimensions -Collapsed: 9.5"H x 11"W x 5"D
- Volt: 120V
- Hertz: 60Hz
- Power Cord: 6 ft., 2-Pin Polarized
- Model Number: CR1-0354-06
"Leaders in air flow technology." Beyond a marketing message- this statement defines Vornado's past, and charts the course for the company's future. The Vornado story begins with an inventor's vision to improve aircraft design in the early 1920's. Ralph K. Odor began to experiment with unique aerodynamics that increased the efficiency and performance of standard propeller planes. After many patents and highly successful prototypes, Ralph realized that his findings could change the inefficient electric fan designs that dominated the industry at the time. Ralph met O.A. Sutton, an entrepreneur from Wichita, Kansas and refined his concept for a new "air circulator." Initial plans to build the new "Vornado" fans were delayed by the complete focus of manufacturing resources needed to support World War II.
As the war drew to a close in the mid to late 1940's, the O.A. Sutton Company produced the first Vornado fans. These fans were well received, differentiated from other brands with their unmatched power and unwavering performance. The early "Vornados" served as the foundation for the company's reputation for innovation, product performance and durability.
In the years following the Second World War, air conditioning became increasingly accessible to the average American. Many believed "fans" were destined to move from living rooms to museum display cases - a relic of a bygone era. This would not be the case, as it was made clear throughout the decades that any climate control system could be supplemented and improved with the use of high performance fans or heaters. After a generation full of innovations, Vornado was about to completely reestablish customers' expectation of what a "fan" could do. Like the jet engine following the propeller, "fans" were destined to be promoted to a new level of performance.
In 1989, a new Vornado company was founded in Andover, Kansas - a suburb of Wichita, known as a worldwide hub for aviation design and manufacturing. Inspired by the advanced propeller and jet engine designs that were common products of the community, Vornado engineers created the first "whole room circulator"- taking the traditional fan beyond its previous limitations. These "circulators" benchmarked the successful design behind the Vornados of the 1940's and improved upon it- adding leading edge design, engineering and materials to the equation - with truly remarkable results. Vornado's unparalleled performance can be traced to its signature vortex action; the result of four proprietary components found only within Vornado technology. Initially applied to air circulators and heaters, Vortex Action allowed for Vornado products to affect not just the air around the unit like traditional fans and heaters, but to evenly distribute all of the air throughout an entire room. The effectiveness of these first products propelled the new Vornado back into the position as a leader in air comfort products.
Extensive research and development demonstrated that "Vortex Action" could dramatically impact the performance of other products beyond air circulators and heaters. The same principles that create even distribution of air and temperature are the drivers behind the company's newest offerings. Vortex action elevates a Vornado Humidifier's ability to evenly distribute moisture levels throughout a room. Because air cannot be filtered unless it is first moved, Vortex action makes Vornado's Whole Room Air Purifiers uniquely effective.
The same revolutionary thinking that created a superior fan has been poured into every aspect of Vornado's offerings today. Safer. Quieter. More intuitive. More effective. These aren't just goals for each new Vornado product, these are requirements. Vornado has demonstrated leadership in the past, and Vornado understands that leadership can only be maintained by relentless innovation. Expect more from Vornado. Company engineers are creating the next generation of products that