Vornado 293 Large Heavy Duty Air Circulator Shop Fan
Vornado 293 Heavy-Duty Air Circulator Shop Fan
Stay cool on the job with the Vornado 293 Heavy-Duty Air Circulator. This multi-purpose fan delivers a unique, high velocity air beam ideal for cooling, exhausting, drying and circulating with extreme power. The Vornado 293 features a 3-speed enclosed dust-resistant motor, a nearly indestructible polypropylene body and a durable all steel base that makes it tough enough for any garage or work site challenge. With a padded carry handle, an extra-long 10-foot grounded power cord with integrated cord storage and an unparalleled 5 Year Satisfaction , the Vornado 293 is a great addition to any serious workspace.
Important International Disclaimer: This item is built to meet U.S. voltage requirements and may not function properly when used in conjunction with external devices that alter or convert voltage or frequency of electricity. Improper use or shipping the product outside the U.S. will void all warranties.
- Built for use in the garage, workshop, or job site, the 293 has a nearly indestructible body, sturdy steel base, and 10-foot grounded power cord.
- A Vornado air circulator uses special airflow called Vortex Action to circulate all the air in the shop. The air flows fast and cool to keep you comfortable.
- Choose from three different speed settings for precise air control: 950, 1200, or 1550 RPM.
- Position the 293HD on the floor or workbench and direct the airflow exactly where you need it with a full 360 degree rotating head.
- The 293's ball-bearing motor never needs oiling and is specially shielded to resist dust.
- The 293 is proudly designed, engineered, supported, and assembled in Andover, Kansas.
- Optimum Performance - The 293 is the ultimate work site side-kick. Made in the USA of U.S. and imported parts, the nearly indestructible body is built to last, and the rugged, grab-and-go handle won't slow you down.
- Versatile - Enjoy the flexibility to stand the 293 almost anywhere so that you can keep your cool when the conditions get tough. A powerful, pivoting head allows you to direct the air flow where you need it. Choose from 3 speed settings to tailor your air comfort.
- Powerful - Vornado's unique Vortex Action provides whole room circulation by moving air up to 100 feet.
- Durable - The high-impact case stands up to the rigors of the job site, and the powerful IP54 rated motor is well-protected against dust and debris. 293 features a stable steel base with non-slip feet, a 10-foot grounded power cord, and an easy-clean removable grill.
- Superior Support - Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS. We expect this product to be perfect. If it's not, we will make it right.
- Built to meet U. S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U. S.
- Included Components: 293, Owner'S Guide
- Electric fan design: Table Fan
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Special Feature: Corded
- Room Type: Bedroom
- Recommended Uses For Product: Shop
- Included Components: 293, Owner's Guide
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage: Indoor
- Style: Fan
- Color: Green and Yellow
- Max Distance: 100 ft.
- Speed Settings: 3
- Item Height: 17.5 in.
- Item Width: 16.2 in.
- Item Depth: 15.3 inch.
- Item Weight: 11.9 lbs.
- Volts / Hertz: 120V / 60HZ
- Power Cord Length: 10 ft.
- Power Cord Plug Type: 3-Pin Grounded
- Model Number: CR1-0089
"Leaders in air flow technology." Beyond a marketing message- this statement defines Vornado's past, and charts the course for the company's future. The Vornado story begins with an inventor's vision to improve aircraft design in the early 1920's. Ralph K. Odor began to experiment with unique aerodynamics that increased the efficiency and performance of standard propeller planes. After many patents and highly successful prototypes, Ralph realized that his findings could change the inefficient electric fan designs that dominated the industry at the time. Ralph met O.A. Sutton, an entrepreneur from Wichita, Kansas and refined his concept for a new "air circulator." Initial plans to build the new "Vornado" fans were delayed by the complete focus of manufacturing resources needed to support World War II.
As the war drew to a close in the mid to late 1940's, the O.A. Sutton Company produced the first Vornado fans. These fans were well received, differentiated from other brands with their unmatched power and unwavering performance. The early "Vornados" served as the foundation for the company's reputation for innovation, product performance and durability.
In the years following the Second World War, air conditioning became increasingly accessible to the average American. Many believed "fans" were destined to move from living rooms to museum display cases - a relic of a bygone era. This would not be the case, as it was made clear throughout the decades that any climate control system could be supplemented and improved with the use of high performance fans or heaters. After a generation full of innovations, Vornado was about to completely reestablish customers' expectation of what a "fan" could do. Like the jet engine following the propeller, "fans" were destined to be promoted to a new level of performance.
In 1989, a new Vornado company was founded in Andover, Kansas - a suburb of Wichita, known as a worldwide hub for aviation design and manufacturing. Inspired by the advanced propeller and jet engine designs that were common products of the community, Vornado engineers created the first "whole room circulator"- taking the traditional fan beyond its previous limitations. These "circulators" benchmarked the successful design behind the Vornados of the 1940's and improved upon it- adding leading edge design, engineering and materials to the equation - with truly remarkable results. Vornado's unparalleled performance can be traced to its signature vortex action; the result of four proprietary components found only within Vornado technology. Initially applied to air circulators and heaters, Vortex Action allowed for Vornado products to affect not just the air around the unit like traditional fans and heaters, but to evenly distribute all of the air throughout an entire room. The effectiveness of these first products propelled the new Vornado back into the position as a leader in air comfort products.
Extensive research and development demonstrated that "Vortex Action" could dramatically impact the performance of other products beyond air circulators and heaters. The same principles that create even distribution of air and temperature are the drivers behind the company's newest offerings. Vortex action elevates a Vornado Humidifier's ability to evenly distribute moisture levels throughout a room. Because air cannot be filtered unless it is first moved, Vortex action makes Vornado's Whole Room Air Purifiers uniquely effective.
The same revolutionary thinking that created a superior fan has been poured into every aspect of Vornado's offerings today. Safer. Quieter. More intuitive. More effective. These aren't just goals for each new Vornado product, these are requirements. Vornado has demonstrated leadership in the past, and Vornado understands that leadership can only be maintained by relentless innovation. Expect more from Vornado. Company engineers are creating the next generation of products that