Onyx Cool 80° Safety Pro Vest
Onyx Cool’s 80° Safety Pro Vest is made with a specially formulated plant-based cooling phase material (PCM) that safely and comfortably cools the core to protect against heat stress, increase stamina and enhance performance. Provides safe, effective cooling for anyone that works hard in the heat: construction, manufacturing and utility workers; athletes and officials; surgeons and operating room nurses; first responders, police and military.
- Aids in compliance for OSHA safety regulations for heat stress
- Delivers on-demand cooling
- Antimicrobial coating. Latex-free.
- Straps adjust to fit most body types.
- Made in America. FDA registered. HSA and FSA reimbursable.
- Dimensions: 20 in x 16 in x 1.5 in 3 lbs 14 oz
Care and Use:
- Wear cool white padding directly on the skin or over light clothing until wrap becomes clear.
- Re-cool by laying the vest on a flat surface in room temps below 80° F, air conditioned vehicle, or in a cooler of ice.
- To clean, use a damp cloth and mild soap. Air dry.
- Product Dimensions: 17 in x 11 in x 0.5 in
- Product Weight: 11 oz.
- Materials: Veltex fabric (black); Aromatic Polyether Polyurethane; Elastic straps with Velcro closure; Hexadecane molecular formula C16H34 or CH3(CH2)14C
- Included: Device and two (2) straps
- Classification: FDA Class 1 Medical Device
- Product Origin: Made in the USA
- Color: Onyx Black, Khaki
- The device is not intended for use on infants.
- Keep and store the device away from heat and sharp objects.
- CANNOT be used as a hot pack.
- DO NOT microwave.
- DO NOT apply to open wounds, abrasions or a break in the skin.
- DO NOT over tighten elastic straps as this may affect circulation.
- DO NOT use bleach to clean the device.
- If the device is punctured or damaged, discard immediately and obtain a new, clean device.
- Discontinue use if discomfort, redness, increased swelling or skin irritation occurs. Wash area with mild soap and water. If pain persists, consult your physician or healthcare professional.
What is OnyxCool?
OnyxCool makes FDA-registered Class 1 medical devices that deliver optimal cooling for pain relief, injury repair and recovery from surgery. Each OnyxCool product is made in the USA and utilizes Phase Change Material that is formulated to either 58° F or 80° F.
OnyxCool's therapeutic products wraps have been clinically tested to provide safe, effective pain relief. Compared to other cool therapy methods, post-surgical patients using OnyxCool reported higher satisfaction scores and reduced use of pain medication.
Why Cool, Not Cold?
Ice and gel packs are too cold and create risk of ice burn and frost bite. After a short period of time they create discomfort and cause vasoconstriction. This shrinking of blood vessels reduces blood flow and inhibits the body's natural ability to heal.
Unlike ice or gel packs, OnyxCool therapeutic devices utilize Phase Change Material (PCM) specially-formulated to 58° for optimal cool therapy and can be worn directly on the skin. The PCM draws heat away from the injury to relieve pain and speed healing by allowing healthy blood flow.
OnyxCool PCM-Phase Change Material:
Safe, effective cool therapy for active healing and recovery.
Ice and gel packs are too cold. After a short period of time they cause vasoconstriction. This shrinking of blood vessels reduces blood flow and inhibits the body's natural ability to heal.
Unlike ice, OnyxCool PCM is specially formulated for cool therapy. The PCM pulls heat away from the injury to speed up healing and relieve pain.
Related Items Phase Change Cooling Vests
- Techniche TechKewl 6626 Phase Change Cooling Vest with Inserts and Cooler - Blue
- AlphaCool Original Cooling Ice Vest
- Chill-Its 6260 Lightweight Phase Change Cooling Vest with Packs
- FlexiFreeze Cooling Ice Vest (Velcro Closure)
- Flexi Freeze Ice Vest Replacement Panels
- Techniche TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Vest with Inserts and Cooler - Black
- FlexiFreeze Personal Ice Vest Cooling Kit - Velcro Front
- FlexiFreeze Personal Ice Vest Cooling Kit - Zipper Front
- AlphaCool Polar Ice Cooling Vest
- AlphaCool Frosty Mesh Ice Vest with Replacement Ice Packs
- TechNiche TechKewl 6626-LT Phase Change Front Zipper Cooling Lite Vest Powered by CoolPax
- Inuteq Bodycool Smart-X Evaporative Cooling Vest
- Inuteq PCM CoolOver 21C (70F) Cooling Vest - Yellow
- Inuteq PCM CoolOver 24C (74F) Cooling Vest - Transparent
- Inuteq PCM CoolOver 29C (84F) Cooling Vest - Red
- Inuteq PCM CoolOver 6.5C (44F) Cooling Vest - Orange
- Inuteq PCM CoolOver 15C (59F) Cooling Vest - Aqua
- TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Vest with Hydration System
- Onyx Cool 80° Safety Pro Vest
- FlexiFreeze Professional Series Ice Vest - Charcoal
- View More ...