Volt Heat Gen IV Heated Slippers
The Gen 4 are heated indoor/outdoor slippers from Volt. The Gen IV has a zipper on the side that runs down the entire height of the slipper, from the top all the way down to the sole. This opens up the side of the slipper making it easy to slide both on and off. They also have a looped pull tab on the back to help you pull the slipper onto your foot. The Gen 4 includes 2 rechargeable batteries, a dual wall charger, and a wireless remote that controls the temperature settings.
The heating panel is located in the footbed and heats from the tips of your toes back to the beginning of the heel. A rubber outsole permits you to walk outdoors and still keep your feet warm. The insole features memory foam that we added a little extra material to make this the most comfortable Volt Heated Slipper ever. Keep cozy indoors or out with the Volt Gen IV Heated Slippers.
- Memory foam cushion footbed for extra comfort
- G100 Thinsulate insulation
- Lightweight rubber outsole
- Vertical zipper
- Nylon pull tab on the heel to assist in sliding them on over your foot
- Ripstop nylon upper shell fabric
- Fleece lining
- 3 power level settings
- Includes two VB320R 3.7V 2000mah rechargeable lithium batteries, dual wall charger, and wireless remote
- Exterior battery pocket
Approximate Battery Run Times:
- High - 3 hours
- Medium - 5 hours
- Low - 7 hours
ACTIVE HEAT: Our heated gear is designed to keep out the cold and uses insulating materials to work with the body's natural ability to generate heat, but the drastic difference is that our 3v heating technology provides "active" heat for those situations where the body is not able to provide warmth. This is especially important for people with poor circulation, or who suffer from conditions like Raynauds Disease.
HEAT TRANSFER: Our "active" heating system uses both conduction and radiation heat transfer methods to help keep you warm. Conduction is direct heat flow through matter and resulting from physical contact. Our products have a heating system designed specifically for conduction to create warmth by stimulating blood flow. Our system also generates infrared rays that emits upward with help of a thermal reflective barrier. When these rays strike the surface of another object like the fabric and the body, the rays are absorbed and then heat is produced. This heat spreads throughout the mass by conduction.
ZERO LAYER: Our patent pending Zero Layer design uses a special tape sealing process, bonding the heating system directly to the shell fabric. This allows for better heat transfer and eliminates bulky extra layers
How Volt Heat Rechargeable Batteries Work:
- Remove battery(ies) and charger from packaging.
- Plug the charger into a properly rated AC electrical outlet.
- Connect the batteries to the output plugs from the charger to commence charging.
- The LED light(s) on the charger will show red when charging.
- Batteries will be fully charged when the LED indicator on the charger turns green. Fully discharged batteries will take 5 hours to charge completely.
- Disconnect batteries from charger output plugs.
- Locate the output plug from the pocket on the product and connect to battery.
- Press the power button to activate and select desired power level.
- When finished, press the power button to turn off, unplug the batteries and recharge for next use.
- Toasty and comfortable!
- Batteries do not last long enough and cannot find place to purchase extras.
want to get me a pair but everything is sold out. boo!!!
He's also not a fan of the hard sole - claims hard soles are meant for going outside and not something slippers - for use indoors - has. Well, that's men for you. If it has a hard sole it's meant to be used outdoors in all kinds of weather - and not just run out on the covered porch to grab the mail or paper.
Anyway, for $150, these things should have the ability to really warm the whole foot. Although there are different settings, either the highest should be A LOT warmer, or there should be another setting for a higher heat.
Not having tried them myself I couldn't give my opinion. As everyone is different I'm sure mine might be also, but these are his opinions.
- I guess the only pro husband could find is the battery pack is on the outside pouch and is easy to use. He doesn't really have a pro opinion since he doesn't really like the way they warm his feet,
- Very expensive. See above comments