Volt Heat 3V Heated Socks
The Volt Heated Socks are thin sock liners that supply hours of heat on a single charge. They are constructed out of a moisture-wicking micro polyester that keeps your feet dry and Spandex interlock fabric that hugs your legs and feet. The included wireless remote control lets you change the heat settings without any fuss or muss.
The VB320RC 2000mAh battery weighs approximately 2 ounces and slips into a storage pocket at the top of each sock. The battery comes with a built-in microprocessor controller with 3 heat settings. On high, the socks provide over 3 hours of soothing warmth to the sole of your foot, all the way from the toes back to your heel. A battery strap is included for the optional VB350 5000mAh 3 volt battery that gives 8 hours of heat on the highest setting and over 20 hours on low.
- Micro polyester/Spandex fabric
- Up to 8 hours of warmth
- Includes two VB320RC 3.7v 2000mah flat rechargeable lithium batteries and a dual wall charger
- 3 power level settings
- Wireless remote controller
- Battery pocket
- Nylon cinch cord at the top of the sock to help keep a secure fit while you are active
Approximate Battery Run Times:
- High: 3+ hours
- Medium: 5 hours
- Low: 8 hours
Volt Heated Clothing is proud to offer our patented Zero Layer heat system that helps eliminate bulk while providing more efficient heat transfer than any other heating system available.
What do we mean by more efficient? To keep it simple, it is because we basically eliminate the need to \xF1hide\xEE our heating system behind additional fabric layers which impedes heat transfer. This translates to more heat, better heat coverage, less battery power and longer run times.
Each of our ultra-thin heating panels are constructed using tiny, imperceptible stainless fibers that are woven onto an insulated fabric. We then encapsulate these heating elements with a special thermal bonding sealing tape _ permanently protecting the heating panels and connections from the wear and tear caused by the rigors of daily use making it not only durable but also waterproof.
Each heating panel is engineered to provide a specific amount of instant heat that evenly radiates warmth to the body to help chase away the cold.
ACTIVE HEAT: Our heated gear is designed to keep out the cold and uses insulating materials to work with the body's natural ability to generate heat, but the drastic difference is that our heating technology provides "active" heat for those situations where the body is not able to provide warmth. This is especially important for people with poor circulation, or who suffer from conditions like Raynaud's Disease.
HEAT TRANSFER: Our "active" heating system uses both conduction and radiation heat transfer methods to help keep you warm. Conduction is direct heat flow through matter and resulting from physical contact. Our products have a heating system designed specifically for conduction to create warmth by stimulating blood flow. Our system also generates infrared rays that emits upward with help of a thermal reflective barrier. When these rays strike the surface of another object like the fabric and the body, the rays are absorbed and then heat is produced. This heat spreads throughout the mass by conduction.
How Volt Heat Rechargeable Batteries Work:
- Remove battery(ies) and charger from packaging.
- Plug the charger into a properly rated AC electrical outlet.
- Connect the batteries to the output plugs from the charger to commence charging.
- The LED light(s) on the charger will show \xF1red\xEE when charging.
- Batteries will be fully charged when the LED indicator on the charger turns green. Fully discharged batteries will take 5 hours to charge completely.
- Disconnect batteries from charger output plugs.
- Locate the output plug from the pocket on the product and connect to battery.
- Press the \xF1power\xEE button to activate and select desired power level.
- When finished, press the power button to turn off, unplug the batteries and recharge for next use.
- I like the remote for changing the temperature setting. Once dressed, I would have to take off my jeans, etc. to get to the batteries. The material is quite thin, has a nice feel to it, and I expect it to last for years.