Smith Optics Vantage Mips Snow Helmets - Matte Black
When you're dedicated to skiing or riding all season long, little things make a big difference when it comes to comfort, safety, and durability. The Smith Vantage helmet is loaded with tech that makes a difference. Zonal Koroyd complements MIPS for energy-absorbing impact protection to give you confidence while exploring in or out of bounds. The hybrid shell enhances day-to-day durability and includes a full 21 vents with dual adjustability that lets you fine-tune airflow to meet the conditions. As for fit, The Vantage uses the BOA 360 Fit System for the ability to micro-adjust the size around your whole head with the turn of dial. Add the proven Smith AirEvac tech for a fog-free goggle interface, and you have a helmet to match your dedication.
- Hybrid shell construction blends a durable exterior with a lightweight in-molded shell for durability where you need it most while keeping the helmet light
- Zonal Koroyd coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Select colorways offered without MIPS system
- Certification: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B, CPSC, CE EN1078
Fit / Integration:
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith goggles for maximum comfort and venting
- AirEvac ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles for fog-free lenses
- BOA 360 Fit System offers the most adjustable fit with the turn of a dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustability
- Available in Asia fit
- Dual regulator climate control offers easy, one-handed front and rear vent adjustment
- 21 vents
- Removable Snapfit SL2 ear pads add warmth and are audio-chip compatible
- XT2 antimicrobial lining offers sweat-activated odor control
- Outdoor Tech audio system compatible
SMITH OPTICS COMPANY PROFILE
Based in Sun Valley, Idaho, Smith Optics, Inc. was founded in 1965 with the creation of the first-ever goggle featuring a sealed thermal lens and breathable vent foam. This invention would revolutionize the powder skiing experience and make Smith Optics a worldwide brand in the years to come. In the early days, founder Dr. Bob Smith, a dentist by trade, made goggles by hand using dental tools, foam and glue. Before he struck a deal for the manufacturing of Smith goggles in the late 60's, Smith built early prototypes with friends around the kitchen table and would often trade these creations for lift tickets while traveling to test the goggles out.
Building on that goggle heritage and extending its expertise, Smith Optics has gone on to set the standard for high performance eyewear, goggles, and helmets. Goggle innovations over the years include the 5X Anti-Fog inner lens, the I/O series featuring a quick release lens system, patented Turbo Fan air management system, patented Regulator adjustable lens ventilation system, patented Roll Off's film advance system for motocross, and the patented ODS (Ocular Docking System) prescription insert. In sunglasses, Smith Optics is well known for its patented Slider and PivLock series sunglasses, the most innovative interchangeable sunglasses available, and more recently the ChromaPop lens which offers unmatched polarization, clarity and color enhancement. Aside from superior eyewear, Smith Optics has also developed a line of ski and bike helmets, providing protection while setting industry standards in style, function, and fit.
Today, Smith Optics has become synonymous with innovative, durable, top-quality products in the eyewear, goggle, and helmet market. The company is also recognized for its unparalleled team roster of athletes, which boasts some of the top names in biking, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, motocross, and climbing. These athletes depend on Smith Optics under the harshest conditions and Smith utilizes team input as a key element of new product design, performance testing, and coloration selection.
Smith products are sold worldwide in more than 50 countries through specialty and sporting goods stores. To best meet the demands of outdoor enthusiasts across the globe, Smith Optics has hubs in several countries. The corporate headquarters are still in Ketchum, Idaho, with European headquarters located in Padua, Italy and the Canadian headquarters in Quebec. The warehouse, customer service, and manufacturing facility are in Clearfield, Utah.
From Smith's ultimate integration between goggles and helmets, to the unmatched clarity of the ChromaPop lens, its' devotion to excellence, innovation and style has made Smith goggles, helmets, and sunglasses the choice of action-sport athletes worldwide. Smith products represent authentic sports gear, researched and tested by a dedicated group of employees and athletes that live and breathe the lifestyle. It's easy to make great product when you love what you do.