SHOEI\xCDS extensive experience in off-road helmet design and manufacturing has led to the creation of a new standard in off-road helmets, the VFX-W. The aggressive shell design allows for a lightweight off-road helmet that offers incredible protection, form-fitting comfort, cooling ventilation, and components that are easy to care for.
Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Shell:
- Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) construction combines high performance fibers with organic fibers to create a shell structure that is lightweight, rigid, and resilient
- Four shell and five liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and rider testing
Flow-Through Ventilation System:
- Front intake vents combine with rear exhaust outlet vents and a neck outlet vent to maximize flow-through ventilation
- Cool air passes through the front intake vents, cools the helmet interior and is exhausted through the rear vents by the force of negative air pressure
3D Max-Dry Removable Liner System:
- The helmet interior is constructed with a comfortable, 3D Max-Dry material that absorbs and discharges moisture two times faster than traditional nylon
- The 3D Max-Dry removable liner system is thermomolded to match the liner perfectly to the helmet interior
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) features a special tab under the cheek pads which allow them to be easily removed, so the helmet can be quickly taken off by emergency personnel after an accident
- The removable cheek pads are available in optional sizes so that each rider can personalize their fit
V-430 Sleek Visor and Sleek Mouthpiece:
- Aggressively shaped Sleek Visor provides incredible airflow for reduced drag
- Sleek Visor is easily installed or removed with the use of three external screws for ease of access to center screw and tightening by hand
- No-clog Sleek Mouthpiece for enhanced flow-through ventilation
- Removable, washable and replaceable Sleek Mouthpiece filter
- Matte black anti-reflection decal for underside of visor is included (not available for black and matte black)
- Unique chin strap snap keeps strap from flapping in the wind
- Ergonomically shaped mud guard
- Helmet sack constructed of soft, velvety fabric with drawstring closure
Around every corner is a brand new adventure, and with that comes the uncontrollable desire to push the limits while exploring the exciting unknown. We at SHOEI know that feeling quite well, which is precisely why we never stop pushing progression within our line of premium motorcycle helmets. Enter the all-new RF-1200.
With a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, SHOEI utilized its 55-year wealth of knowledge, state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the next-generation RF. A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality, SHOEI’s RF-1200 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to an all-new level.
Compact – Lightweight - Aerodynamic Design
The state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility at SHOEI’s Ibaraki factory is an integral part of the helmet design process. Thanks to time well spent in the tunnel from its very beginning stages of development, the RF-1200 boasts a more compact and aerodynamic shell than its predecessor, earning praise and appeal as SHOEI’s lightest Snell-certified full-face model to date. Additionally, the RF-1200 offers a reduction in wind noise without blocking the road’s “informative sounds” thanks to its optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components that have been designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet.
Utilizing SHOEI’s wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, SHOEI engineers equipped the all-new RF-1200 with a large, three-position lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, three upper air vents for optimal air intake, and four uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction—all yielding dramatically-improved cool–air intake and hot–air expulsion.
The RF-1200’s CWR-1 shield provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral. In addition to protecting against 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays, the CWR-1 shield offers a distortion-free view throughout the entire range thanks to SHOEI’s 3D injection-molding process. Additionally, innovative new ribs on the top and bottom edge of the shield improve rigidity and eliminate the bending that may occur from wind pressure and during the opening and closing process, and an improved shield locking mechanism rounds out SHOEI’s most advanced shield system to date.
Q-RE Base Plate System
Coupled with the CWR-1 shield, the RF-1200’s all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal with each and every closure. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s function more precisely than ever, and you’re left with the most advanced base plate/shield combination on the market today.
Pinlock Anti-Fog System
The all-new RF-1200 comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog-Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one-step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first-layer defense, which is precisely why the new RF-1200 features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the RF-1200’s proprietary AIM+ Shell is not on