Shoei RF-1200 Vessel Helmet The pinnacle of perfection, the RF-1200 represents the culmination of 56 years of helmet heritage and has been designed, from its inception, to be an industry leader in comfort, performance and protection. The wind tunnel tested shell has been optimized to provide a compact and aerodynamic shape, reducing wind-noise, buffeting and weight. Shoei has not only designed the RF-1200 to be one of the most comfortable helmets on the market, but also one of the safest, meeting both DOT and SNELL M2015 safety standards.
Whether you are a track day enthusiast or cross-country cruiser, the RF-1200 will allow you to ride with confidence, freeing you to concentrate on the road and most importantly....enjoy the ride.
Light Weight Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction:
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic, with attention towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Dual density EPS liner accommodates a more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
- Superior ventilation as a result of rigorous wind tunnel testing
- Large three-position lower vent, three upper vent intakes, and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents
3D Max-Dry System II Interior:
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider\xCDs head, allowing comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high-speed riding
- 3D shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider\xCDs helmet
- Chin curtain and breath guard included
CWR-1 Shield System:
- Shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and EVO fog resistant lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning of the base plate for easy shield adjustments
Standard Chin Strap Snap:
- Neatly secures chin strap
Around every corner is a brand new adventure, and with that comes the uncontrollable desire to push the limits while exploring the exciting unknown. We at SHOEI know that feeling quite well, which is precisely why we never stop pushing progression within our line of premium motorcycle helmets. Enter the all-new RF-1200.
With a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, SHOEI utilized its 55-year wealth of knowledge, state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the next-generation RF. A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality, SHOEI’s RF-1200 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to an all-new level.
Compact – Lightweight - Aerodynamic Design
The state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility at SHOEI’s Ibaraki factory is an integral part of the helmet design process. Thanks to time well spent in the tunnel from its very beginning stages of development, the RF-1200 boasts a more compact and aerodynamic shell than its predecessor, earning praise and appeal as SHOEI’s lightest Snell-certified full-face model to date. Additionally, the RF-1200 offers a reduction in wind noise without blocking the road’s “informative sounds” thanks to its optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components that have been designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet.
Utilizing SHOEI’s wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, SHOEI engineers equipped the all-new RF-1200 with a large, three-position lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, three upper air vents for optimal air intake, and four uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction—all yielding dramatically-improved cool–air intake and hot–air expulsion.
The RF-1200’s CWR-1 shield provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral. In addition to protecting against 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays, the CWR-1 shield offers a distortion-free view throughout the entire range thanks to SHOEI’s 3D injection-molding process. Additionally, innovative new ribs on the top and bottom edge of the shield improve rigidity and eliminate the bending that may occur from wind pressure and during the opening and closing process, and an improved shield locking mechanism rounds out SHOEI’s most advanced shield system to date.
Q-RE Base Plate System
Coupled with the CWR-1 shield, the RF-1200’s all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal with each and every closure. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s function more precisely than ever, and you’re left with the most advanced base plate/shield combination on the market today.
Pinlock Anti-Fog System
The all-new RF-1200 comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog-Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one-step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first-layer defense, which is precisely why the new RF-1200 features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the RF-1200’s proprietary AIM+ Shell is not on
As opposed to “passive safety” that is ensured by compliance with Snell and DOT safety standards, “active safety” defines the further improvements made by SHOEI to ensure that maximum comfort is achieved, allowing the rider to devote all of his or her focus to riding. Advanced helmet features such as our anatomically-shaped comfort liner for optimum helmet fitment, lowest possible weight to reduce stress on the neck muscles, and effective ventilation system for temperature regulation and reduction in wind noises all serve to further improve the safety of the rider. Further development and continued improvement in the areas of safety and comfort technology are SHOEI’s primary goals.
THE INTERACTION BETWEEN COMFORT AND PROPER FIT
The material and shape of the comfort liner are critical factors for the overall wearing comfort and proper fit of the helmet. The wearing comfort covers the effect of the material properties on the skin of the rider. The fit defines how well the helmet sits on the head and stays in place, which is especially noticeable at high speeds. In the past, these two criteria often worked against one another. Very thick, soft padding provided good wearing comfort, but it did not hold well at high speeds, leading to helmet buffeting and instability.
OPTIMIZATION OF PADDING COVER MATERIALS
The development of new high-performance fabrics allows for greater sweat absorption and dissipation, yielding a proprietary sweat absorbing material that greatly improves rider comfort. These materials (first researched and developed in motocross and road racing where the amount of physical exertion and hence the production of sweat is extremely high) are now production features in several of SHOEI’s helmet models.
IMPROVED SAFETY THROUGH LIGHTER HELMETS
Three factors are crucial for the weight of the helmet as perceived by the rider. The actual weight that is felt by wearing the helmet, the felt weight, and the dynamic weight, which is produced by the wind resistance and inertia. The actual weight has a direct influence on the acceleration forces and directly stresses the neck muscles in the event of an accident.
IMPROVED SAFETY THROUGH LIGHTER HELMETS
The heaviest part of a helmet is the helmet shell, which is of special importance when making a light helmet. Since the shell is also the part of the helmet that is the most stressed in the event of an impact, the requirements concerning the manufacturing of a light helmet shell are correspondingly high. Through its extensive experience in the processing of fiber compound materials, SHOEI has succeeded in developing the extremely resistant and lightweight AIM and AIM+ helmet shells.
SHOEI’s Advanced Integrated Matrix [AIM] Is Made Up of Three Main Features:
1. Fiber-Reinforced Matrix: An outer shell that is made primarily of fiberglass (FRP) is given its shape by a heat-setting plastic resin. The SHOEI helmet shell owes its ideal function to the integration of organic fibers, as well as a three-dimensional shaping process in a layered structure. The result is an outer shell with high strength, but very low weight as compared to shells that