Shoei Qwest Wanderlust Helmet The Shoei Qwest Helmet was built with a focus on minimizing helmet weight, decreasing noise and optimizing fit, comfort and protection to bring a new level of comfort to touring helmets. Featuring a slightly round oval internal shape, the Qwest is manufactured with 4 individual shell sizes to keep the helmet as low-profile as possible. The smaller the helmet shell, the lighter the helmet weight. The Shoei Qwest Helmet also uses the Shoei's CW-1 visor technology with the Q.R.S.A system. This system guarantees a tight seal at the face shield by pulling the shield back to contact the opening seal evenly. The Qwest also touts an extra-wide eyeport for additional peripheral vision so you can more easily take in the world around you. Snell M2015 and DOT ratings means the Qwest is no compromise when it comes to safety.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders\xCD feedback
- Dual-Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Molded air spoiler reduces drag and lift, as well as diminishes weight pressure on the neck while riding at high speeds
- Upper air intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet\xCDs interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance behind wind screens
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+):
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid, and resilient
- 3-D center pad and multi-layered, polyurethane foam cheek pads
- Cheek pads are removable and replaceable for maintenance
- Eyeglass compatible interior
Standard Chin Strap Snap:
- Neatly secures chin strap
CW-1 Shield and Q.R.S.A. System:
- Q.R.S.A. base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation. The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The three-dimensionally curved CW-1 shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional CWF-1 two-dimensional Pinlock equipped racing shields with tear-off posts are available
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock EVO Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
Around every corner is a brand new adventure, and with that comes the uncontrollable desire to push the limits while exploring the exciting unknown. We at SHOEI know that feeling quite well, which is precisely why we never stop pushing progression within our line of premium motorcycle helmets. Enter the all-new RF-1200.
With a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, SHOEI utilized its 55-year wealth of knowledge, state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the next-generation RF. A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality, SHOEI’s RF-1200 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to an all-new level.
Compact – Lightweight - Aerodynamic Design
The state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility at SHOEI’s Ibaraki factory is an integral part of the helmet design process. Thanks to time well spent in the tunnel from its very beginning stages of development, the RF-1200 boasts a more compact and aerodynamic shell than its predecessor, earning praise and appeal as SHOEI’s lightest Snell-certified full-face model to date. Additionally, the RF-1200 offers a reduction in wind noise without blocking the road’s “informative sounds” thanks to its optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components that have been designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet.
Utilizing SHOEI’s wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, SHOEI engineers equipped the all-new RF-1200 with a large, three-position lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, three upper air vents for optimal air intake, and four uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction—all yielding dramatically-improved cool–air intake and hot–air expulsion.
The RF-1200’s CWR-1 shield provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral. In addition to protecting against 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays, the CWR-1 shield offers a distortion-free view throughout the entire range thanks to SHOEI’s 3D injection-molding process. Additionally, innovative new ribs on the top and bottom edge of the shield improve rigidity and eliminate the bending that may occur from wind pressure and during the opening and closing process, and an improved shield locking mechanism rounds out SHOEI’s most advanced shield system to date.
Q-RE Base Plate System
Coupled with the CWR-1 shield, the RF-1200’s all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal with each and every closure. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s function more precisely than ever, and you’re left with the most advanced base plate/shield combination on the market today.
Pinlock Anti-Fog System
The all-new RF-1200 comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog-Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one-step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first-layer defense, which is precisely why the new RF-1200 features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the RF-1200’s proprietary AIM+ Shell is not on