Goal Zero 6mm Alligator Clip Adapter
Used for connecting to a 12V Lead acide battery via Alligator clips.
- Input: 6.0mm
- Output: Alligator clips
- Used with: Yeti 150/400, Maintainer 10
- Cord Length: 30 in
OUR POWER PACKS CHARGE A WIDE RANGE OF DEVICES
To better help you understand your power needs we've divided our products into 3 categories. To see the individual products we offer in each of these categories click below.
Our Compact class of products are perfect for charging devices with low-power needs such as cell phones, mp3 players, headlamps, and more
Our Mid-Size class of products are perfect for charging devices with low or medium power needs such as tablets, laptops, DSLR cameras and more
Our Heavy-Duty class of products are perfect for charging devices with low, medium, or high power devices such as TVs, small refrigerators, CPAP machines and more
CAN MY DEVICE RUN DIRECTLY FROM A SOLAR PANEL?
MOST USB AND 12V DEVICES CAN CHARGE DIRECTLY FROM SOLAR PANELS, IF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH.
Small USB devices like cameras of MP3 players require 1-2.5W of constant power to charge. Our panels can easily provide this amount of power even in sub-ideal conditions. Smartphones and tablets have a higher power requirement, ususally around 5W of constant power. A 7W rated solar panel will only produce 5W in perfect sun conditions, and because smartphone are quite picky about their power requirements, they can "give up" charging if there is ever an interruption in constant power - like when a cloud passes by overhead.
For the best experience, we recommend using a Goal Zero battery pack as a buffer, instead of charging directly from the sun, for the following reasons:
- Heat and batteries are enemies. Precision electronics don't like heat either. When charging directly from solar, care should be taken to keep the device with the battery in the shade. The shade of the angled panel is a good option. Do not store devices next to the panels when charging. The heat will lower the life of the battery.
- Weather uncertainty. Your phone may not be weather durable. Keep it protected.
- If clouds pass by or weather changes, the charging can become interrupted. Phones will often reject the charge in cases like these. This means your phone could be sitting out there and not charging. Batteries give you a constant charge no matter the weather conditions. GZ batteries charge well with solar regardless of the conditions – they never reject a charge opportunity.
- You might not want to sit out in the heat of the sun, if you need to use your phone while it charges. Battery lets you move anywhere.
- You use your phone during the day and charge at night. Solar doesn't work at night, but batteries work anytime.
Goal Zero's mission is to empower people because they believe in human potential. The potential to go farther and do more than you ever thought possible; the potential to provide a sustainable future for you and your family; the potential to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere.
Frequenty Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE GOAL ZERO WARRANTY?
The warranty period for GOAL ZERO battery cells (whether purchased on a stand-alone basis or as part of another product) is 180 days. The warranty period for all other GOAL ZERO products and components is one (1) year. In each case, the warranty period is measured starting on the date of purchase by the original consumer purchaser. The sales receipt from the first consumer purchase, or other reasonable documentary proof, is required in order to establish the start date of the warranty period. If you completed the online GOAL ZERO Product Registration Form within 30 days after purchasing your product, that registration can also establish the start date of the warranty period (but warranty coverage is not conditioned upon such registration).
WHAT DOES GOAL ZERO MEAN?
That's a hard one to answer – so much in two words! When there were five of us sitting around a table, dreaming about what we wanted our company culture and mission to be, we kept coming back to our roots of empowering people and taking a risk in a new industry. What came out of these discussions was our mission statements: ZERO apathy – we take risks, we're passionate about what we do and we are brave. ZERO boundaries – we don't take no for an answer. We find solutions and create products that people didn't even know that they needed. ZERO regrets – we work hard and we play hard. GOAL ZERO isn't just a company, it's a business created by people who live life to its fullest, with a shared vision inspired by the passion for adventure, respect for the planet and a humanitarian heart. We're a company that equips families and individuals seeking to improve the outdoor experience with the most innovative portable power products on the market. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on earth, we are working to continually deliver smart, innovative power solutions that will change the way you adventure.
Yes, the Guide 10 and Nomad 7 work with iPhones, although we've found that new generations of iPhone 4's can be fairly unruly. Some troubleshooting tips are:
- Direct Sunlight: Make sure the panel is perpendicular to direct sunlight - clouds and windows dramatically affect the efficiency.
- Warm-up: Place the open panel towards the sun and let it absorb some rays before plugging in your device, and try plugging and unplugging it a few times. Keep in mind that even a shadow or walking in front of the panel could cause the connection to be lost, so you have to work with it.
- Unplug and reconnect
- Patience: Sometimes the iPhone will say "device is not charging", but it really is and the battery meter is still going up, so by leaving it on for a substantial amount of time, you'll see an increase in the charge levels.
- With the Guide 10, make sure the batteries are fully charged. We've found that sometimes AAA's or other brands of batteries that are lower in mAh often don't play well with the iPhone 4. The best idea though is to give the Guide 10 a fresh charge, then plug in your phone.
WHY ISN'T MY ESCAPE 150 (SCOUT 150 OR GOBE IN PREVIOUS LIVES) LCD SCREEN SCROLLING WHEN I PLUG IT INTO A POWER SOURCE?
If the power pack is already charged fully, the battery icon on the LCD screen will not scroll when it is plug