Camp Alpinist Auto / Semi-Auto Crampons
ALPINISM, MIXED CLIMBING.
Like the Blade Runner for technical ice climbing, the Alpinist has been designed as the ultimate tool for alpine climbers. Using much of the same technology and innovative design, the Alpinist ensures a precise fit with modern boots and extra rigidity in the connection between the heel and toe platforms. This is due to the unique heel slide that integrates the micro-adjustable linking bar with the heel piece for better torsional rigidity. Constructed entirely from chromoly steel for the best energy absorption anywhere the crampons might be stressed. The elimination of connection joints leaves little room for play and reduces much of the flex that can make crampons seem less secure on technical terrain. The sophisticated geometry of the front points interacts with the secondary points for superior hold in hard snow and alpine ice. The Alpinist is delivered standard with both automatic and semi-auto toe bails for optimal compatibility with boots and conditions. The micro-adjustable linking bar allows fine-tuning of the length. The front bail can be set in 3 positions for optimally positioning the front points and the heel bail can be set in two positions for different size heel lasts. The heel bail also has three height settings for the most secure attachment with the boot. Dynamic anti-balling plates use a unique design and elastic material to prevent snow build-up underfoot.
- The most advanced technical alpine crampons ever conceived
- Patented heel slide design integrates the benefits of vertical and horizontal frame crampons
- Snow points are optimized for hard snow and alpine ice
- Asymmetric design follows the contours of modern boots to ensure a precise fit
- Delivered standard with automatic and semi-auto toe bails
- Dynamic anti-balling plates included
- Micro-adjustable linking bar for fine-tuning the length
- 3 front bail positions, 2 heel bail positions, 3 heel bail height settings
- Adjustable fold-over carrying case with lashing straps included
- Size (Eur): 36-48
- Points: 12
- Frame Material: Chromoly Steel
- Antibott: Included
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
CAMP USA is the exclusive US importer and distributor of CAMP Technical Adventure Equipment, the 120 year-old Italian climbing and mountaineering brand.
From our offices just outside of Boulder, we occupy our time obsessing over gear, taking care of customers, and exploring the Colorado Rockies. Lunchtime romps in the Flatirons, morning alpine climbs in Rocky Mountain National Park, and dawn patrol ski tours on Loveland Pass keep us honest.
In addition to our small and dedicated staff, we rely on our athletes and customers for feedback and that not-so-subtle kind of pressure climbers like to exert when they talk about gear. If you have feedback or need anything from us, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for visiting.