Black Diamond Distance 15 Backpack
When moving fast through varying mountain terrain, the Distance 15 Pack has your back. Built to incorporate the best technology of both running vests and alpine packs, the Distance 15 includes vest-inspired suspension for running, and our time-tested alpine pack design for carrying a variety of tools for mountain adventures.
Engineered to redefine your line by giving you the ability to blend mountain terrain and activities, the Distance 15 is a hybrid pack that transcends barriers. By combining running-vest technology with our award-winning pack design, the Distance 15 moves with you while you run yet carries alpine gear with purpose-built features, so you have the gear you need when the trail ends, and the climbing begins. Built from our UHMWP 10x Ripstop Yarns-the same burly material we use in our climbing dogbones and Ultralight Camalots-the Distance fabric is literally 10-times stronger than steel per weight, while remaining so light it floats in water. The shoulder strap harness system utilizes our Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology-meaning the shoulder strap edge binding is fully edge taped instead of sewn, more like today's innovative sportswear then a traditional running backpack-which allows for superior comfort, movement, and weight reduction. Also, the harness system is constructed with an adjustable, elastic-cording side compression system, which gives you a more secure ride while running, scrambling and climbing. This vest-like system also includes dual flask pockets that fit two BD HydraPak SoftFlask (sold separately) and a Deploy pocket to stash the BD Deploy Wind Shell gusty ridge traverses and emergencies. The pack portion of the Distance includes a quick Blitz-style main opening with a stash pocket to tuck away essentials, while a mesh divider wall can store cordelette or a water bladder that can integrate with the pack's hose routing. On the pack's exterior, the Distance 15 includes dual piolet/ice axe holsters, and dual Z-Pole quiver sleeves to stash your trekking poles when the terrain changes. Dual front stretch pockets are an extra place to stash nutrition or gear, making the Distance 15 an ultra-versatile pack for moving light and fast in the mountains.
- Dynex (Nylon 100d + PE 200d) body material with Dynex Ripstop yarns for bomber tear resistance that is 10x stronger than steel per weight
- Quick Blitz-style main opening with slash pocket to tuck all excess skirt cording
- Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology for superior shoulder strap comfort, movement and weight reduction
- Dual side compression with reflective ticking
- Dual Piolet / ice tool carry with metal dogbone for secure pick attachment
- Dual Z-Pole Quiver Sleeves to securely carry trekking poles while running and scrambling
- Adjustable elastic cording side compression system for a more secure ride while running and scrambling
- BD.dry vapor barrier back panel lets sweat vapor escape while keeping pack contents dry
- Fully water resistant main compartment for high altitude / 4-season running and climbing
- Dual 4-way stretch zippered chest pockets with expandable volume and locking zipper pullers
- Dual soft flask pockets with BD branded HydraPak 500ml SoftFlask (sold separately) made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- 100% BPA & PVC free
- Dual front stretch pockets with elastic closure for nutrition storage
- Deploy pocket for the new Deploy Wind Shell
- Interior stretch mesh divider wall to hold alpine cordelette / water bladders
- Interior zippered security pocket for wallet and key storage
- Volume: 15 L (915 cu in)
- Average Stock Weight: 394 g (13.89oz)
- Materials: UHMWPE 100d Nylon 4mm Ripstop
- Color: Alloy, Bluebird
Here at Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.
What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.
We're a company of users. It's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Because of this, the creation of Black Diamond is a process that will never end. The company today is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in the U.S., at Black Diamond Europe and at Black Diamond Asia whose limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.