Biddeford Blankets Velour/Sherpa Electric Heated Throw with Digital Controller
Our new Velour blanket is one of the most elegant and softest blankets we have ever made. The 100% Polyester fabric has the feel of cashmere.
- The Twin and Full sizes both come with one control each.
- The Queen and King sizes come with two controls each for individual comfort.
- The lighted Digital controls have 10 heat settings and auto-off after 10 hours.
- The controls will remember the last heat setting so that you can easily turn on your blanket before retiring for the evening and pre-heat your bed to your favorite warm temperature.
As with all of our products, this blanket is machine washable and comes with our famous 5 year warranty for total peace of mind.
Long gone are the days of simply passing electricity through a wire in a blanket. Today you can expect the warm soothing comfort that comes from a quality Biddeford Blankets product. Our heated products are more advanced than ever, and we will continue to strive to provide you with the latest innovations and technology. Biddeford Blankets products allow you to not only rest comfortably, but rest assured as well.
Though Biddeford Blankets still sends electricity through a single resistive conductor to provide heat, the similarity between today's heating wire and that of old end there. Your Biddeford Blankets product utilizes newer, three part, heating wire technology in the form of a Fusible Linked Dual-Wound Wire.
- This wire uses a specially shaped and helically wound Resistive Heating Conductor in order to provide more efficient heating in the space provided.
- The Resistive Heating Conductor is then surrounded with a Fusible Material. Simply put, this means that this material will signal at a specific temperature.
- And finally, a continuous Senor Wire is then wrapped around the Fusible Material.
When these three parts are assembled to produce one heating wire to pass through the blanket:
- The Fusible Linked Dual-Wound Wire will provide heat in a short amount of time after turning power on.
- The Sensing Wire acts like a thermostat by sensing the change in temperature and accurately telling the controller to stop or add more heat.
- The middle Fusible Material will react at any hotspots in the blanket that are at abnormally high temperature conditions. The Controller is designed to detect this reaction and immediately shut off power to the blanket.
Controller Features: Analog or Digital, Desktop or Handheld, Biddeford Blankets controllers all posses the following features to aid in your comfort and safety.
Microprocessor Controlled Sensing Features - allow Biddeford Blankets to:
- More accurately maintain that specific level of warmth you desire
- Update you on any issues the blanket may acquire during use, such as a broken wire
- Automatic shut down the blanket if a safety issue arises
- Solid state design for guiet operation
- Large easy to read displays
- Our Auto-Off feature provides the sense-of-mind that allows you to enjoy your heated product to its fullest extent as you cozily drift off to sleep, not having to worry about waking up to turn off the blanket.