If you're tired of getting soaked on your camping trips or always find yourself struggling with the zippers on your tent, switch to an ALPS Mountaineering tent that you can rely on. The Taurus is a simple 2-pole freestanding dome tent that is enhanced with 2 doors and 2 vestibules (one over each door) with extra large #8 zippers to make entering and exiting the tent hassle free. The two doors each have a mesh window, which is great for ventilation... and when it's time to put on the fly, you won't have to worry about losing your fresh air. The fly has additional vents for continued ventilation. ALPS tents each come with a factory sealed fly and floor seams to give you the best weather protection and keep you dry. If you're interested in an even heavier oxford floor and larger #10 zippers, you can always check out our Taurus Outfitter Series as another option.
- Free-standing two-pole design with fiberglass poles
- Easy assembly with pole clips
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 2000mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
- Two vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Mesh roof vents increase ventilation and improve star-gazing
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes, and guy ropes included
- Base size: 5' x 7'6
- Center height: 46"
- Vestibule depth: 32"
- Tent area: 37 ft²
- Vestibule area: 20 ft²
- Total weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
- Packed size: 6" x 20"
- Pole diameter: 8.5 mm
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.