The Red Tail pack is available in two sizes making it a great option for every backpacker whether you are just getting started or going on thru hikes. The fully adjustable suspension components adjust quickly and easily providing the perfect fit for any backpacker and those still growing. The Kangaroo pocket provides additional storage space and an extra spot to secure gear between the pocket and the main compartment. The hydration pocket and port allow you to carry and use a water reservoir keeping you hydrated. The Red Tail pack is a great choice for every backpacker.
- Lightweight 200D nylon double ripstop fabric
- Removable sternum strap
- Pull-forward tightening waist belt
- "Webbing ladder" adjustable harness
- Internal horizontal divider
- Full-access lower compartment #10 zipper
- Top loading extendable top lid
- Spindrift collar with draw cord
- Front kangaroo pocket
- Front lashing points
- Trekking pole loops with tip keeper rings
- "Over the top" compression strap
- Multiple side compression straps
- Stretch side bottle pockets
- Rescue whistle buckle on sternum strap
- Removable top pocket
- Hydration pocket and ports
- H2O outlets on both sides of pack
- Removable padded waist belt with pockets
- Small harness option available
- Small and XL waistbelt options available
- Rain cover included
- Weight: 5 lbs. 7 oz.
- Capacity: 4880 in³ / 80L
- Torso range: 14" to 20.5"
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.