If you need a lightweight, one person tent, the Mystique 1 will be a great choice for you. With all the combined features and affordable price, this tent is going to be hard to pass up. The non-freestanding 2 pole design, allows the Mystique to be one of the most lightweight tents in our line. The ventilation is fantastic with the large mesh sides and the end mesh door panel. The full coverage fly keeps you dry even in the biggest rain storms. A vent is placed on the end of the fly to increase ventilation even further. It has the option of being zipped open or closed, depending upon the weather. Instructions are sewn into the tent storage bag so you never have to worry about not having them with you.
- Lightweight two-pole design with 7000 series aluminum poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 3000mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two mesh doors
- Weatherproof fly provides a vestibule over each door
- Fly vent can be kept open or closed, depending upon the weather
- Includes 7075 aluminum stakes, guy ropes, and mesh storage pocket
- Mystique 1 floor saver available
- Base size: 3'6 x 7'10
- Center height: 3'
- Vestibule depth: 15"
- Tent area: 21 sq. ft.
- Vestibule area: 9.5 sq. ft.
- Minimum weight: 3 lb. 10 oz.
- Total weight: 4 lb. 6 oz.
- Packed size: 5" x 18"
- Pole diameter: 7.9 mm & 8.5 mm
- Use rating: 3 Season
- Sleeps: One
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.