The Extreme is a free standing aluminum pole tent, with a configuration that is extremely strong and sturdy. The 3-pole design gives you more "framework" to combat Mother Nature when she decides to send you a little stronger storm than normal. Assembly is easy with pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles. The polyester fly and floor are urethane coated, with factory sealed seams for maximum weatherproofness. A door on each side of the tent makes getting in and out of the tent easy. You also get two large vestibules that you can use for extra gear storage. The vestibules also serve as automatic guy-out points when the weather gets a little nasty. The fly buckles to the tent, offering a much more secure attachment when compared to elastic cord. Extra large #8 zippers on the doors and vestibules add to the durability. Mesh roof vents increase ventilation and improve star gazing.
- Free-standing three-pole design with 7000 series aluminum poles
- Easy assembly with pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 3000mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
- Two vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Multiple fly vents increase ventilation
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes, and guy ropes included
- Base size: 5'2 x 7'8
- Center height: 42"
- Vestibule depth: 30"
- Tent area: 35 ft²
- Vestibule area: 29 ft²
- Minimum weight: 6 lbs. 10 oz.
- Total weight: 7 lbs. 7 oz.
- Packed size: 6" x 20"
- Pole diameter: 8.5 mm
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.