The Caldera pack is available in two sizes, granting every backpacker access to this versatile pack. The main compartment has a horizontal divider to keep your gear organized and easily accessible. The lower portion of the pack can be accessed quickly from the large #10 zipper. The main portion of the pack can be loaded from the top with an extendable and removable top lid, that doubles as a fanny pack. Behind the front wing lashing system sits a generous front access zipper allowing you to find exactly what you need without unpacking everything. The side pockets offer room for trekking poles and water bottles to keep you hydrated.
- Lightweight 200D nylon double ripstop fabric
- Removable sternum strap
- Pull-forward tightening waist belt
- Shoulder strap padding wraps to back for maximum comfort
- Dual aluminum frame stays
- Internal horizontal divider
- Generous front access to main compartment
- Full-access lower compartment - #10 zipper
- Top pocket converts to a fanny pack
- Top loading - extendable top lid
- "Over the top" compression and multiple side compression straps
- Spindrift collar with draw cord
- Front stretch pocket
- Front wing lashing system
- Traditional trekking pole loops
- Trekking pole bungee attachment
- Stretch side bottle pockets
- Rescue whistle buckle on sternum strap
- Hydration pocket and ports
- H2O outlets on both sides of pack
- Removable padded waist belt with pockets
- Small harness option available
- Small and XL waistbelt options available
- Rain cover included
- Weight: 5 lbs. 11 oz.
- Capacity: 4575 in³ / 75L
- Torso range: 15.5" to 20.5"
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.