The Aries is a great backpacking tent to take when you need a tent that is lightweight, reliable, and will hold up in the elements. Its unique pole system allows for ample internal room with nearly straight walls on each side. There is also sufficient headroom, thanks to the spreader bar above the doors. Whether you need the 2-person or 3-person design, each comes with 2 doors so you're not crawling over anyone to get out. With the mostly mesh walls, air will easily flow in and out of the tent when the fly isn't required. When conditions are more extreme, the full coverage fly and two vestibules will keep you and your gear protected and dry.
- Free-standing pole system with 7000 series aluminum poles
- Top cross pole allows more head room and interior space
- Great ventilation with mostly mesh walls
- Easy assembly with pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 3000mm coating
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- Extra large #8 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Full-coverage fly offers maximum protection
- Extra guy-outs on fly to stabilize tent in bad weather
- Two vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Mesh roof increases ventilation and improves star-gazing
- Easy entry with two doors
- Mesh storage pocket, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes, and guy ropes included
- Aries 2 floor saver available
- Base size: 4'4 x 7'4
- Center height: 42"
- Vestibule depth: 28"
- Tent area: 31.5 ft²
- Vestibule area: 17 ft²
- Minimum weight: 5 lbs. 3 oz.
- Total weight: 5 lbs. 15 oz.
- Packed size: 6" x 20"
- Pole diameter: 8.5 mm
Since our inception in 1993 by outdoor gear designer and company founder Dennis Brune, ALPS has become an innovation and customer satisfaction leader. Founder Brune enjoyed a successful career beginning in 1979 with the technical mountaineering manufacturer Kelty. He moved from product development to sales and marketing, then to management.
Brune had a vision of an outdoor company that would deliver high-quality performance gear priced within a comfortable reach for the everyday outdoorsman and woman. In essence, premium outdoor products whose performance exceeded the expectations of their price points. This combined with a focused attention on customer service has been a winning combination.
Dennis and his wife, LaRayne, wanted to share the passion for the outdoors with their three children. The time spent outdoors are their most cherished memories, and continue to be the stories told when they're together. Brian, Adam and Sarah Kristin have their roles in the company today. The family business was redefined as each child's spouses joined the ALPS team throughout the years. The pride of passing on a passion to your children is an amazing feeling, but to pass along a passion through your children to your grandchildren is something to treasure.
ALPS headquarters was built out of and around the Brune home. In 2015, they officially out-grew their Lyon campus and purchased a 100,000 sq. ft. building in the city limits of New Haven, where the bulk of their warehousing staff and products are now located.