The Mountain Medic is a purpose-built portable hospital for professionals who require gear they can depend on in all conditions. The outer bag is a fully-featured lumbar pack with a padded, adjustable waistbelt, tough 600-denier nylon exterior fabric, and ultra-durable #10 zippers. Polyurethane clear-view windows with a -28 C cold-crack rating make it easy to locate kit contents in unforgiving environments, while a range of supplies, including oral and sal airways, scalpel, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, and CPR mask provide the foundation for professionals remote medical care.
Features and Benefits:
- Administer CPR Safely: Laerdal CPR Mask with O2 valve for protected mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Manage Pain and Illnesses: Oral Rehydration Salts, Glutose Gel, emergency dental repair, inflammation, diarrhea, upset stomach, cold & flu medications included.
- Monitor Vitals: Stethoscope and digital thermometer.
- Provide Hospital-Quality Care: Hospital-quality tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps set the standard for backcountry medical care.
- Stabilize Fractures and Sprains: SAM Splint plus wide variety of wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
- Stop Bleeding: Trauma pads and wide elastic wraps to control life-threatening bleeding.
- Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine: By Eric A. Weiss, M.D. The most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine. Includes: "Weiss Advice" improvised techniques; "When to Worry" tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; medical supplies for extended expeditions; and information on how to use the components of your Adventure Medical Kit.
- Size: 16" x 10" x 8"
- Weight: 7 lbs 12 oz.